Hot and Smelly

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulQ

I had been smelling a sort of hot/burning smell for a few days but had found nothing significant. The evidence has now had time to crystallize... [See lower picture] The hose from the block to the top of the radiator has a leak but (for convenience :x ) it is at the block end. It looks as if this will mean ripping my skin as I try and release the clip which is below the HT leads and facing the bulkhead. Then all the antifreeze will go and then there will be the bleeding bleeding!

1. Has anyone done this job from below?
2. Why didn't they use a jubilee clip with the screw poking out towards the front?

14673700164_0eb762faac_b.jpg

Whilst there, but not photographable, I noted that the heater outlet from the block (I think) was noticeably corroded - this is not a good sign.

Edit to add:
Guess how much Ford want for a Puma top hose? :shock:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
£72!!!!

Found a new one on eBay for £20

Piece of piss to do.Remove the coil pack and undo the bolts that hold the alloy housing to the head.Take the coolent pipe off and give the part the pipe fastens to a good clean with sand paper.

Latest posts

Back