How do you start a flooded puma engine?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haGGard

Took the puma out the garage tonight to give it a run around the block. Its not even been in the garage for more than 2 weeks and i went to start it, it ran for about a second then died. When i went to start it again it just kept turning over and then i could smell petrol like its been flooded :lol:

Its only been in there a few days. Any ideas or should i just try again tomorrow morning.

Turn on ignition, push accelerator pedal to the floor, start car, and when engine fires up, release accelerator pedal.

Battery low on charge?

Pumas do not like short runs, when it does fire up, take it for a longer run to clean the engine out, and to get everything up to operating temperature

I'll give it another go in the morning. When i try tomorrow, should i use the HOT start procedure straight away or the cold. It fired up straight away on the cold start tonight, It just died again after a second.

Vapours/droplets will stay in the engine, so thats why it fired up straightaway, try pumping throttle a couple of times, to put some fuel into cylinders first, make sure fuel pump primes/presurises fuel system, before attempting to start engine.

Latest posts

Back