How many left ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,
I went on the site 'How many left?' This is what I found for Puma's in the UK. These numbers are for the year 2002 when Puma production ceased.
52887 UK total 2002.
27052 UK total for the third quarter 2014
Therefore a total of 25835 are no longer licensed and or have not been declared SORN.
I know these are rounded up or down figures to the nearest 1000 cars except in the case of special editions. The numbers involved are not exact but it gives an indication as to how fast Puma's are disappearing. Just like so many cars that are now classics, the Mini being a prime example.
Regards,
Richard.

I am no mathematician but given that 150k were made ? that makes the death rate for pumas in the first 5 years up to 2002
something like four times what it has been in the 12 years since 2002?I wonder where they all went? Ginger Tom couldn't have bought them all :grin:

Given the number of puma's I've seen with their roofs pancaked in it wouldn't surprise me if the death rate had been thatbhigh when they first came out... :pinkeye:

Hi,
If you go onto the site 'how many left' you can see all the year on year figures from launch to discontinuement, when production ceased in 2002 a total of 59K were registered with DVLA.
Therefore the demise of 26K is from the launch to the third quarter of 2014. I think that clarifies things. I may have not explained the situation that clearly in my first post.

As a foot note I have taken an interest in Puma prices. I tend to use Gum tree as a guide. In the past twelve moths I have seen the prices rise about 30% from £1000 up to £1300/1400 for top end cars. I think we can possibly be seeing the start of the long road to classic status, or could it be that people now realize what a cracking car they are and what good value for money they offer and they are in demand.

Regards,
Richard

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
If you go onto the site 'how many left' you can see all the year on year figures from launch to discontinuement, when production ceased in 2002 a total of 59K were registered with DVLA.
Therefore the demise of 26K is from the launch to the third quarter of 2014. I think that clarifies things. I may have not explained the situation that clearly in my first post.

As a foot note I have taken an interest in Puma prices. I tend to use Gum tree as a guide. In the past twelve moths I have seen the prices rise about 30% from £1000 up to £1300/1400 for top end cars. I think we can possibly be seeing the start of the long road to classic status, or could it be that people now realize what a cracking car they are and what good value for money they offer and they are in demand.

Regards,
Richard

Good to hear that !

Yeah turning into proper future classic rusty arches a nightmare to owners with but will pay dividends to those without over time I'll probably be the unluckiest chap coz on my low budget mine will probably already have them lol but will enjoy the driving experience evenly whilst idrive my second puma and save for my mint third puma lol I missed these cars wished I'd never sold my rusty arched first one now come back your rust is forgiven they are a joy to own and maintain very rewarding compare to my vauxhall insignia I am on a mission at mo to aquire my second just awaiting go ahead to send truck to collect

quest63 said:
I am no mathematician but given that 150k were made ? that makes the death rate for pumas in the first 5 years up to 2002
something like four times what it has been in the 12 years since 2002?I wonder where they all went? Ginger Tom couldn't have bought them all :grin:

150k? Can't remember off the top of my head the figures, but that sounds like the total for the whole of Europe.

Latest posts

Back