How much fuel can you shove into a Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

5432627099_09be3c5324_b.jpg

got bored last night, so took my puma from 'about to chicken out at about 60 miles into the light' to 'nice and full'

Fecking £60 though!

5433239188_7360d31d76_b.jpg

is more what I like to see! Let's see if I can get 350 miles out of it!

Supposed to be around 41-42 litres, but more if 'brimmed.

I managed 348 miles to a tank - once, and drove from Brecon to Merthr with low fuel light on, cacking mysely too as previous best was 335 miles.

Yips done 500 miles on atank once.

I've got 380ish once.

Ypu can get decent fuel returns if you drive sensiably- Shame the puma eggs you on so much

Its like a devil on your shoulder- go on just abit more, keep yopur foot in, go on you can go quicker round that corner- Its very persuasive

I get about 150 miles to £15 ish

The most I've ever put in to fill up mine was 39.73 litres, and I'd just done 411 miles from the previous fill-up.

I hope all mine needs to get those figures is a damn good service! Got 64 miles out of a tenner the other day! combination of motorway and a bit of residential.

Was doing 80 on the m/way though, then 50, then 80, then 40, then 70....

Ah, think I realise now 8)

beko1987 said:
I don't have that engine warning light on mine, the top left yellow light.
From memory I have ABS and traction control light on that side and that is all. :S

Its a digital dash also.

The engine light stays on mine until the engine is switched on.

From memory, I've never seen the ABS or TC Light, although the ABS does it's startling noise at 12mph, and I felt it in the snow, so I know it works. Maybe the bulb is blown or something!

Once i gave it 38liters but normally i just put about 35l.

I only drive in urban areas so 35liters for about 200miles. In highways i can squezze about 300miles at 75

I hate seeing the fuel warning light so i won't drive more than 10miles with it.

Oh, my personal best was 350miles but i had the stock 15inch wheels..

£125.9 per litre? Where did you fill up - 2010?
Managed 50mpg out of my 1.7 on a long trip on Monday. Mind you, I did need to drive like my mum to get that economy.

Asda High Wycombe if anyone's interested! I do like to put BP Ultimate in but at nearly £1.35 /litre I thought sod that!

I find mine is less economical on the motorway than nipping around a/b roads, even if I keep it at 70! I think it's more economical at under 3k revs, ie with the VVT not kicking in, but that means driving at 58!

I always try to go the back way rather than the motorway when around home, but I'm finding I'm still doing motorway speeds on the back roads, so probably not much more economical - but much more fun! Good old nicely scrubbed in front tyres :twisted:

Perhaps the 4 litres are in the pipe? No idea how long they are though so this could be a really silly answer :p

46 is a lot, I suspect a dodgy fuel pump which seem to be more and more frequent. The most I've gotten is 45 I think and that was from totally bone dry. Some pumps keep going up if your trickling it in, the handle can have triggered the pump to start registering flow when the flow is that low it doesn't actually give you any petrol, I now make sure somethings actually coming out when I'm lightly pressing the handle. This happened to me at Tesco, I was stood there with the pump reader going up yet no fuel was coming out, iirc I had to pay for way more than actually went in. I was not best pleased and thus the reason why I don't use Tesco again except for buying my mashed potato....lol.

I've found those pumps pretty accurate (without really measuring it tbf). The tank was so full that when I put the petrol cap back on it had to push fuel out to fit in! IIRC the pump normally clicked at £35, the rest was a slow process!

Even worse, when I arrived, it was deserted. By the time I took the picture a car had pulled up behind me and asked why I was taking a photo! I just said I was on company fuel and the thing was out of till-roll so I needed evidence.

He got his phone ready after that in his audi!

Be careful doing that cause you can in inadvertently damage the overflow system on the tank, like i did before FITP last year, filled the car up fully like your self and looked down not see a puddle of fuel pouring out of the car.

Now I can't fill the car fully in case it happens again- that is untill i replace the fuel tank this year

I ran out once, and filled up with 5.50 litres from a plastic fuel can. I then drove the car 1.8 miles to the nearest petrol station, where I poured in another 44.90 litres.

Where do I get my medal? :lol:

Look for stickers on the pumps showing its been recently independantly tested.
Evil Monkey said:
£125.9 per litre? Where did you fill up - 2010?
£1:22.9 round here.

fuel pricing has some rip off strategies.

especially as some areas can wildly differ in pricing yet it costs the same or less to deliver the fuel there. A prime example near me is crewe is consistantly 4p a litre more for unleaded than here in stoke and the distance of 10 miles is insignificant in terms of fuel delivery and storage costs etc, so its just greed by the oil companies as they know with it being more affluent, they can get away with it.

beko1987 said:
Asda High Wycombe if anyone's interested! I do like to put BP Ultimate in but at nearly £1.35 /litre I thought sod that!

Bp Ultimate is wasted money if your ECU is not set up to use it, my ECU is and Ultimate makes it run rough, as for Supermarket fuel.........dont get me started, i now run my kat on Shell unleaded, find a Petrol station nearby, the price should be the same (my local Shell station is located between 2 Supermarkets, so price is the same), and fill up there, also a Friend of mine has started using BP Unleaded instead of Supermarket fuel, and her fuel economy has risen a lot as well.

Latest posts

Back