How much to change bushes all round?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovepooma

I've a feeling my bushy bushes may need replacing come MoT time so I may as well face up to the bill now :(

For all bushes how much roughly I'm I looking at fitted?

ta!

I would love to know the answer to this too, are some bushes critical and have to be replaced and also what happens when a bush fails(?) or is too worn, is the steering all messed up when this happens?

in general they can make alot of noise and ruin handling......

depends on whether you wouold be replacing the bushes with standard bushes or powerfelx ones (these will outlast the car and for a full set would cost around £150 + fitting costs)

standard bushes slightly less

HTH :)

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=697" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fitted price is about £300 at Pumaspeed for all of them (uprated ones, not standard ones) as a guide. £150 ish for parts, £150ish for labour.

I paid £155 for a full set of Powerflex bushes from Rude Racing and £220 for fitting. As I remember I think the price from Pumaspeed is not for all Powerflex bushes some of the bushes are their own? But don't quote me on that, its always better getting the info straight from the horses mouth.

Do the powerflex make the ride a bit harsh? I think I would be looking to get standard Ford replacements if this were the case.

If I were to go to a garage and ask to have fitted,

2 x Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bush
2 x Front Wishbone Lower Front Bush
2 x Front 'A' Arm Rear Bush
2 x Rear Beam Mounting Bush

is this all I would need to have my bushes done"?

I think the powerflex are fine except in the rear beam, where they don't have a big impact on handling, but do make things a lot harsher. Typically this is the one where they are easier to fit!

I have also heard that the poly ARB bushes can squeek, so when I changed my ARB I just used new Ford bushes.

I think the Ford bushes are a lot cheaper than the poly's, probably varies depending on application.

I have replaced all of mine with new OE bits, inc. the FRP uprated bushes, with the exception of the lower arm front bushes, when these go I will probably go for polys, but elsewhere I think the Ford bits are fine.

FlashBastd said:
I think the powerflex are fine except in the rear beam, where they don't have a big impact on handling, but do make things a lot harsher. Typically this is the one where they are easier to fit!

I have also heard that the poly ARB bushes can squeek, so when I changed my ARB I just used new Ford bushes.

I think the Ford bushes are a lot cheaper than the poly's, probably varies depending on application.

I have replaced all of mine with new OE bits, inc. the FRP uprated bushes, with the exception of the lower arm front bushes, when these go I will probably go for polys, but elsewhere I think the Ford bits are fine.

After muchos reading and advice from FB i replaced mine with Std Ford part in rear, FRP bushes, Front and powerflex ARB and other front bush - the ride is hard (i also have ibach springs and new std ford shocks) but rewarding to drive !

lib319 said:
Do the powerflex make the ride a bit harsh? I think I would be looking to get standard Ford replacements if this were the case.

If I were to go to a garage and ask to have fitted,

2 x Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bush
2 x Front Wishbone Lower Front Bush
2 x Front 'A' Arm Rear Bush
2 x Rear Beam Mounting Bush

is this all I would need to have my bushes done"?

I'm thinking of getting this done pretty soon as I'm getting a knocking noise from the underside pretty much the whole time. Is this all I need to replace?

I'm thinking of getting standard Ford replacements as some of the roads I use are still potholed from the winter.

I may also need new anti-roll bar link arms if new bushes don't cure the knocking noise?

Shimmyhill said:
After muchos reading and advice from FB i replaced mine with Std Ford part in rear, FRP bushes, Front and powerflex ARB and other front bush - the ride is hard (i also have ibach springs and new std ford shocks) but rewarding to drive !

I run the same set-up, apart from the rear beam bushes being standard, but made by FEBI Bilstein and the Ford dampers having done 22,000 miles from new.
I don't find the ride hard, just firm (as the Puma should be). The ride was "hard" when it also had Powerflex front rear lower arm bushes and rear beam bushes.
As a guide to my rating of "firm", our other car is a Citroen C5. :lol:

Latest posts

Back