How to fit an FRP inlet manifold

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBastd

Ok, starting to get excited about my inlet, but how do I go about removing the old one and fitting the new?

I understand I need to remove the old mani, and take the TB and ICV from it.

How difficult is it to access the fittings for the original mani?

Understand I need to remove and modify the dipstick tube, any more info?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Disconnect all the wirring on the old inlet, its just a fidly job getting to all the nuts and bolts and getting it outs a pain IIRC

5 nuts and bolts top

5 nuts and bolts holding the two sections together

and 3 on the bottom

I think i undone the top and middle 5 and managed to wiggle the top section out, which then made it easier to get at the bottom 3

I didnt have to do much modifying to the dipstick tube, just open up the hole with a drill and bobs your uncle.

...i also had to unbolt and move the alternator forward to gain access to the left hand side bolts as it's tight!!!
be prepared for scuffed knuckles and some swearing!!!

I had to remove the alternator, not just to get to the left hand nut, but also to remove the old mani.

Just out of interest, can you guys remember how long the bolts were mounting the flange to the head? Mine are all 30mm and threaded the whole length, yet Microcat suggests they should be 45mm, with a significant unthreaded section.

I used the same bolts which were holding the old manifold on and it didn't have any problems!

Back