HOW TO:- Fitting new Clear or Smoked Side Repeaters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FireFly90 said:
Also with the smoked lens in i can't help but think it looks a bit dim compared to the original, anyone recommend a brighter orange bulb?

How do the lengths of the old and new units compare?
My new clear ones were longer than the originals and positioned the bulbs further away from the lens, so weren't so bright. I solved the problem by modifying the new lens bodies to be the same length as the originals, to move the bulb further forward.

Original v new:
[fullalbumimg]1227[/fullalbumimg]

Yeah there is a difference in the heights, did you just cut a bit of but not so much that you loose the slot fitting inside? Dimness maybe down to the bulbs too as they where dark at one end instead of just plain orange.

I cut a piece out near the middle, then 2-part epoxy bonded the two parts back together to keep the slot fitting.

I used a hacksaw (or you could use a Dremel, if you have one).
I marked the section I needed to remove with a Stanley knife, using a piece of paper (with a straight edge) wrapped around the body to get parallel cut lines.
Then I used the hacksaw in the waste area, just inside each of the lines. Finally, I sanded each half back to the cut lines, using a sanding sheet on a flat surface to keep the lines square.
Difficult to describe, easier to do!!

i have just done this mod before i saw this and had done mine by removing the inner wheel arch liner to get behind and simpley twisting off as they were very tight.first these are the blue side repeters i bought as my puma is melina blue

this is what it looked like before.
and after drivers side

and passenger side before.

and passenger side after

:p

i think the blue side repeters match the puma nicely
also i got mine off ebay for about £4 and the wiring is different (the black parts on the top photo) so you will need to use your old connector (these were white in mine) from the side repeters and clip these onto the new lens assembely should go straight on then.

Jason

Latest posts

Back