How VCT actually works

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
If you're curious:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-oyIjGWGE[/youtube]

cool! engines are nearly getting as complicated as the fuzes they put on top of artillery shells & inside missiles!!!!

good video, sack the monotone narrator though.

I was curious thanks Dal, was only talking about this the other day when I was getting the cambelt changed as I wondered how the hell it altered the cams. Now I know how the bugger works. Aren't engines bloody complicated now though...lol ;)

Just a thought, is this just indicative of VCT engines as I thought the Puma engine only has one cam sensor and thus is probably not as efficient as the 1.6 Duratec in the video....it's late so don't quote me on anything I have said...lol :eek:k:

Edit:- Just rewatched the first part as I never had my sound on and saw the 'Ti' bit then latched onto the fact that she said 'Twin independant' cam timing which makes me think my comment above maybe somewhere on the mark....lol

Her voice is actually the worst thing in the world! id rather change my rear bushes then listen to her lol! interesting video though!

She might have a monotone voice but at least you could understand every word she said .... not that I understood what she was saying :) ....... wonder if she did!!

if your curious :

then a massive space like that, maybe its because im at work and there internet settings block the video? will try at home!?

puma black ;) said:
video has been removed from you tube,are there any other clips availible?? :eek:k:

Well it's not the 1.7 - but dont think the original was either.... it is a clip relating to the Ford Ti-VCT engine though, it is same length as the original clip and so is probably the same one...

Search engines are your friend....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfuRJrseD4[/youtube]

brilliant, i was confused to hell how the vct actually worked, really good explanation :eek:k: thanks for putting this up :thumbs:

:?: But its not a Puma engine ??? I thought Puma only had varying phase on inlet >>>???

The original video I linked to in the first post isn't available on youtube any more and there wouldn't seen to be another.

That Ti-VCT is similar though.

Back