Ic tuner card

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961ed1961

Hi as anyone had problems with there ford radio tuning into fm stations ? , I have looked on u tube and there is a guy showing you how to identify and change the small circuit board, I have removed the board but my question is does anyone know where you buy the replacement circuit board . The symptoms of a faulty unit is the cd works along with am/ lw radio but fm tuning searches with no stations being picked up, the units affected are the c6000/ c6006 the latter being the one I have that's faulty ,

Hi
I had a similar problem with my. Unit. Please read the link to tell you how I fixed it.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31279
This fault appears to be a pretty stock fault.

1961ed1961 said:
[post]367925[/post] Hi as anyone had problems with there ford radio tuning into fm stations ?
Yeah, it's a manufacturing batch fault - the FM circuitry is too sensitive to ambient temperature.

The fix is pretty simple - get another silver one for £30 - £35 and then change your pollen filter. Doesn't matter if it looks OK, it is reduced air flow that increases the temperature behind the dash. You can also put some slabs of polystyrene below the radio slot, before you fit the 'new' one.

A useful test is the heater air flow dial - if it becomes hard to rotate easily after 5 miles driving then the pollen filter needs changing. It's not magic, the excess heat causes the plastic heater ducts to jam/rub against each other.

No idea where you'd get that replacement circuit board, but sort out the cause of the failure or it will happen again.

Latest posts

Back