I'm Sorry Guys Jazz Is Written Off :'(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planetslick

:'( hey everyone as you probabily guessed from my title i had an acciident tonight on way home from work and my beautiful Puma Jazz is a write off it started 2 days ago when i put my new prop alloys on the moment they were on i knew something was wrong suddenly a car that used to have perfect straight steering was pulling to the left slightly i put it down to uneven wear on the tread of the alloys id fitted i planned to get it tracked and balanced on friday when i was off work.

Anyway on motoway on way to work today i noticed car was pulling much more to the left and i felt myself having to physically steer away from the hard shoulder to keep in a straight line, if id not been a moron id have stopped there pulled over and got recovered, but i am a idiot so i pressed onto work thinking ill put the old alloys on tonight .

Finished work and headed home im noticing the pulling getting really bad, but im 5 miles away from home so think ill get there fine. Last bit of duel carrigeway going along at 60 (i know it was pulling and should have been going slower but i was tired and had had a long day) suddenly the steering wheel shoock vigorulsy and car darted to the left, i think i tried to compensate by steering the other way i cant remember much more all i know is the guy that work me up in the car said i'd spun violently to the left smashed into a tree and bounced back into the middle of the duel carrigway apparently i was just unconsious for a few seconds both air bags had delpoyed and the only marks i have are a lump on my right shin and gash on my right knee, been in A&E for past 4hrs waiting to be seen to be told to go home.

Apparently police have recovered car and it a absolute total write off apparenlty theres no tyre at all on the front left wheel (blow out maybe?):( i feel so bad it was a perfect car i planned on keeping it for years and now its dead, police do seem to beleive it was a mechanical faliure of some kind so they are going to look the car over with the special unit, im lucky to be alive, and even more lucky i didnt hit anyone or anything all i can do is be thankful im still here :( a

Glad to hear that you walked away relatively unscathed, that's the main thing. They are strong little cars when in an accident.

Poor Puma :(

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you were able to walk away..

Could there have been a defect with the tyre before you fitted your newer wheels an that caused a blow out?!
If both sets of wheels were the same size (wheels an tyres) then it shouldnt cause pulling, at most you'd get a vibration through the steering or car were the balance is off.

I do feel your pain tho, My puma got hit monday so im looking for a new one as we speak :)

The main thing you;re ok, and able to write your post!

sounds like a tyre problem, to me...

thanks guys ive only got a couple scrapes and bruises and whiplash kicked in a few hours ago but think im okay just been upto see the car and retrieve my personal possesions and sort out collection from the scrap man tommorrow, hes giving me £100 which whenyou see the car is more than fiar i took a few pics its all i could bare to do

puma2zh.jpg

puma1p.jpg

puma3i.jpg

Feck me that's impressive :( Sorry for your loss, and I'm personally going to pay more attention to little pulls and bucks when they happen :(

damn, the puma just doesn't look like it belongs in a scrappers yard... hope the tree died a painful horrible death too...

given your relative unscathed-ness I'd say your Puma's dying act was to take one for the team, big time. Glad you're ok.

Latest posts

Back