Immobiliser problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyeff

I posted in another part of the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGLyeYEJxg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the problem i am having. When i leave my car for a few hours i go down pop thr key in and yep it starts again? Dunno wtf the problem is.

Been told its the transponder in the key.been told its not that its the car if it wad the key it just wouldnt worm.

Dont really know where to go with it.

Dont want to get soneone out a d pay 140 and it wont be resolved.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I got a new key for the puma.no luck.looks like its a problem for a auto electrician

Take the cowl off and check the connection is OK in to the receiver unit.

Where abouts are you? Could swap in another ECU, chip and barrel and see if that cures it.

I'm in Glasgow just now. Btw thanks Ian. Always help. I still couldn't find the thing for the diagnostic port lol

Rigbt took my car to an auto electrition who more or less said they dont want the job.i said to ford and they told me that they have a mazda in just now and they are pretty much 30 hours and at 60 quid a hour. I paid 1000 for it dunno wether to break or do something magic with it.

Ian how much would you take to send ne a new ecu chip and barrel etc.everythibg i need to sort it?

I was only thinking about the barrel so you didn't need to take the key apart just to swap temporarily.

You'd hopefully only need an ECU and transponder, then put that in your key.

Do you know which ECU you have? Single grey plug on the bulkhead means its TAPE, one green and one blue means its DIVE. You need the right one ideally.

i havent had a look yet. been back to being a bus wanker! its going to get sorted this month hopefully.

Back