In need of help and advice!! Please!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jchannah87

Ok so my husband has bought me a ford puma and I totally LOVE IT!! however few little problems and any help would be amazing!!
1- passenger wing mirror slack won't stay in any position, how to fix?
2- boot won't open with fob and only sometimes with key
3- drivers window won't open can hear it trying but doesn't move up or down!! Really would like step by step fix on this particular issue!!!!!
4- heating stays on hot will not get cold air at all! Very annoying!!

Please someone reply and as I'm a woman explain in simple terms how to fix lol thanks in advance ;)

2- boot won't open with fob and only sometimes with key
Needs a good dose of WD40 in the lock then keep turning key and spray more it will go after a while ,it only opens with the key as far as I know..
4- heating stays on hot will not get cold air at all! Very annoying!!
Common problem it needs a new HCV but buy a Genuine Ford one.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

1) a bit more info might help is it an electric or manual mirror and do you mean the whole door mirror is loose or just the glass mirror part?

2) I have a year 2000 puma with a 3 button key fob and this does open my boot what years yours and do you have the three button fob?

3) HCV is heater control valve they are about £40 to buy from Fords.There is a How to guide on how to change it

here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=12365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although you could instead have a problem with the hot / cold switch which is rarer.One member even found that the HCV had been removed and a pipe used to bridge it. Check your fuses first, both under the bonnet and in the fusebox lower right of the steering wheel, and check that the electrical connector to the HCV is connected.

Thanks have managed to get the boot open with the key by using wd40 and I had to go in through the car and pull the wire to pop open the boot first ;) My key fob has a button for the boot but doesn't open it only opens and locks the two doors :/

Sorry should of been more specific it's the 3button fob and the mirror is electric, it's just the glass part of the mirror I've had to wedge some small pieces of paper in there jut to keep mirror in position so I can see in it!

That's good I can get my hubby to buy a HCV from ford this problem is annoying as I can only open passenger window to cool the cr down as drivers window doesn't go down at all my hubby reckons the window has came off the rotar or something as you can hear it trying to work.

The year is 1999. :)

Heres a link to an ebay part which might help you get your head around how the mirror is fitted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-97-02-P-S-WING-DOOR-MIRROR-GLASS-BACK-PLATE-/320867823661?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab536702d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess your problem is either the glass has come off the backing plate in which case glue or mastic it back on.

Or the backing plate has come off the mechanism or broke off the mechanism in which case youll need to refix it it on or replace it, or alternatively get a used replacement mirror.

As for the window use the search feature here and have a look at what others say.Its a common problem and I dont recall a definitive fix.Best start is to remove the door card and have a look :thumbs:

Make sure Ford sell you the correct batch number of HCV as they sold me a duff one! Check the HCV threads on here for the part number (think it's ending in -AC but check in case I remembered wrong!).

you know to open the boot with the key you have to press it twice to stop accidentally opening it when the keys are in your pocket.

you know to open the boot with the key you have to press it twice to stop accidentally opening it when the keys are in your pocket.

Excellent, I have had my Puma for 18 months and didnt know this, I just thought there was some problem with the mechanism lol

crystalpuma said:
Make sure Ford sell you the correct batch number of HCV as they sold me a duff one! Check the HCV threads on here for the part number (think it's ending in -AC but check in case I remembered wrong!).

Ford's latest HCV is Finis Code 1714716 (7N21 18495 AC).

As part of my extensive pre-MOT preparation I fixed my loose/slack passenger door mirror housing with superglue :-D

Back