increase ride height

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedeltahf

anyone managed to increase the front ride hieght over standard with different springs or struts e.g mondeo or focus ?

I had a few issues with bottoming on gravel on the last event.

Courier van springs fit I think or do what the proton boys do and put a spacer on the top mounts to raise the hight. Seen it on a few road rally cars.

was thinking about spacers or trying to add another to mount but not quite sure how to do it as there is the top bearing and way the mount seats into strut top housing, i assume proton struts have 2 or 3 bolts holding them into the strut top so easy to add a spacer.

Seen them dun with wood and metal. What about removing the bolts in the top mount as they are usually just tacked in place and making a round ring so the bush goes threw the middle and put longer bolts threw The spacer and the top mount. If that makes sense!

errm - theres no bolts in the top mount just the piston rod nut which compresses the wieght, t shaped bit down onto the body strut top and pulls the rubber strut top mount into the strut top otherwise it woud be as you said,

how much higher do the courier springs make it? did you have a comparison against new puma ones, can the strut with presumably longer shaft be used aswell?

Ay my mistake! Was thinking of an Avenger top mount. Not seen my puma in nearly 2 months due to losing all my space. So my zetec Avenger is for sale so I can make some space.

Back