Indicators sometimes not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destynx

I recently encountered a problem with my Puma.

The indicators fail sometimes. Even the hazards aren't working then.
Then when I'm driving they sometimes start working again. I don't notice anything wrong with the stalk. Also they sometimes start working when I indicate and then turn on the hazards at the same moment. Then they sometimes work for a while and sometimes stop while I'm driving and other times they work till I reach my destination. Also they sometimes work when I drive off in the morning, but often they don't.

Does anyone have a solution for this annoying and weird problem?

tuonokid said:
Flasher unit?
Barry
It doesn't matter which Police department they work for, Barry, they just want some advice on their faulty indicators. :-D

Is the relay causing this? pretty weird that it's working sometimes and sometimes isn't... :|

That's what relays can do when they start to go. On my Westy I kept hearing a funny clicking sound behind the dash until the bloody thing conked entirely and left me stranded (fuel pump relay)
Barry

Well, since it started getting worse and they haven't worked for the past 2 days, I'm going to replace it and see if that fixes it :grin:

If you know someone with a Ka, Puma or Fiesta you could try swapping theirs it's probably the same unit.
Barry

Back