Inner Tie Rod replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord B

Recently had to replace track rod ends, with car jacked up, on NS there is what appeared to be very slight play in track rod, probably done about 200 miles and now on motorway noticed car has slightly started pulling to right on acceleration, the OS seems to have no play and was stiffer to move when I replaced the rod ends.

Seems to be very little online about replacing the Tie rods, not got the tool, but can I just get a spanner in and give a bit of persuasion with a hammer - or will that potentially damage rack?

Anything else worth checking (mounts etc) in case the track rod is a red herring?

did you have the tracking done at the same time as the t/r ends were fitted?

YOG said:
[post]362905[/post] did you have the tracking done at the same time as the t/r ends were fitted?

Yes, the play was very small, and garage never even mentioned. The fact there is a few hundred mile gap, is why I'm keeping open to possibility it's unrelated and could be a gearbox mount. I will get Car up and have a good poke around for anything obvious, although it's only noticeable on a straight road and even then almost like slight torque steer (which I was well used to in my Volvo T5 and T4)

Just to update, looks like slight play in NS front wishbone bush.

When wiggle wheel looked like tie rod, but movement is in bush.

Hopefully all sorted and normal service resumed

Latest posts

Back