Insurance again

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Anybody got anything good to say about ecar insurance yet
Anybody got any quality comments about quote me happy insurance

Have you googled for reviews?

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.ecarinsurance.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not heard anything bad about Quotemehappy though.

Cheers Cherie, thats the end of that then, how the hell can they be allowed to operate its gobsmacking

quest63 said:
Anybody got anything good to say about ecar insurance yet
Anybody got any quality comments about quote me happy insurance
yeah i have,got a quote for a 92 j plate sapphire cosworth 4x4 all genuine info from me about adress ncb job etc etc and it came out at £474 fully comp and im paying just ovr £500 for the puma! but would rather have the puma,way cheaper to maintain and repair rather than a 20 year old cosowrth.wouldnt mind the power tho!

They were my cheapest quote to start with, and they even had third party insurance cheaper than fully comp which the others dont.
However I read Cheries link ^ and lifes too short for that sh** I'm prepared to do battle with any of the effers if I had to claim, which I wouldnt if I could avoid it but trying to do battle with the effers on the front end I can do without.

Thankfully I got an even better quote elsewhere with a reputable (laughing my*ock off) insurance co

One item to note is that different comparison sites come up with different quotes for the same companies, there was a £70 difference between the company I will probably be going with between comparison sites

Oh and one of the ""£^&&**((*&H ers wanted to charge me more for a citroen Berlingo than my Puma :roll:

Mmm....it'll be interesting to see how you get on. My insurance is due and I'm being quoted about £250 - £280 for fully comp depending on what bolt on extras I want like legal cover etc. Now after what I've read on here in the insurance section about what some of the younger members are paying, some might think my quotes are bargain prices! I, personally think its a p**s take!

I'm no boy racer, been driving for over 20 years, 11 years NCB, no accidents, no convictions, family man, house owner etc so why am I being quoted a premium that is an eighth of what the car is worth? My other half is currently driving a brand new Nissan Juke and is paying the same.

Insurance companies are a joke when you want to cover older cars!

The main part, and legal requirement of car insurance (third party), is insuring you against having to pay the cost of damage to another car etc (less excess), if you are at fault.
It's normally personal choice to take out fully comprehensive, if you want to cover damage to your own car.

To be a bit extreme (but possible), if you hit an Aston Martin DB9 V12 Volante Touchtronic (£138,150) and caused £20,000 worth of damage, I doubt you, or the average person, has that sort of money to pay out. So your premium would be cheap.

The premiums collected from each car give a total to cover all the insurance company's payouts (plus their profit and running costs!), so if you have an accident, my premium helps pay for it, and vice versa.
Assuming your Puma is worth £2,000 and you pay £250, would you be happy to pay seven times that premium (£1,750) for insuring a £14,000 Nissan Juke?

Just one small point regarding the above,fully comprehensive insurance is not really a personal choice anymore, for all intents and purposes due to insurance companies charging more for TPFT and TP its the only insurance that really exists.

Wow I wish my insurance was £250 to £280

YOG said:
Assuming your Puma is worth £2,000 and you pay £250, would you be happy to pay seven times that premium (£1,750) for insuring a £14,000 Nissan Juke?

No, definitely not! What I'm trying to say is that my other half is paying the same for insurance for a car that's worth seven times the value of my Puma! She hasn't been driving as long, has a third of my NCB and is 4 years younger!

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Once you get past a certain amount of no-claims years, it doesn't seem to make much difference as to how cheap the insurance gets.
Mine for 2011-2012 was quoted (paid monthly x12) as a total of £285 (Aviva).
Comprehensive.
Social, Domestic, Pleasure and Commuting.
Protected No-claims.
Up to 8,000 miles.
Additional named driver.
Legal services.
Courtesy car.
Excess, including voluntary - £250.
Excess, Windscreen replacement - £75.
Excess Windscreen repair - £10.

No convictions.
No points.
45+ years Full Driving Licence and NCB

I think mine should be less than £2 per year! :wink:

I wouldn't trust most of those comparison site quotes anyway. A LOT of them throw out cheap quotes to get you hooked in at which point they go through the quote again and you get the real price which for the majority of the time is a LOT higher.

As you work your way down the list of increasing quotes they get more accurate in comparison to the actual price you will have to pay after you ring them or follow up online.

yippeekiay said:
I wouldn't trust most of those comparison site quotes anyway. A LOT of them throw out cheap quotes to get you hooked in at which point they go through the quote again and you get the real price which for the majority of the time is a LOT higher.

As you work your way down the list of increasing quotes they get more accurate in comparison to the actual price you will have to pay after you ring them or follow up online.
It's funny you should say that as I used the comparison websites for my quotes! £260 - £280 was what I was being quoted, but when I went to accept the cheapest quote, the price jumped up to £304.50! I couldn't believe it the robbing bast**ds! The reason for the increase in price was the legal protection cover. On the comparison websites, the charge was an extra £27, but when I went to take out the insurance, the legal protection cover jumped upto £47!

I was going to take the insurance out without legal protection and it would've been around £260 for fully comp which I don't think is that bad, but knowing my luck, something will happen to where I need it and I havent taken it. But that's how they get you to part with another £47, for "peace of mind should something happen"!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back