insurance claim help please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

thanks in advance for any advice....

was driving down round, turns into 2 lanes then left lane divides into 2 so making 3 as approach an island

im in middle lane, numpty doesnt check his blind spot (ok; it happens) and pulls into my rear quarter trying to change lanes. we both stop, i have pictures that clearly show my car parrallel with my white lines and his car with the rear wheel still over the white line hes crossed changing into my lane...

£430 damage to my passenger rear quarter

tells me hes a copper; hes not. has been cautioned & will be arrested if caught again

oh and he tried to get us to leave the scene before i took his details; screams of dodgyness to me...

claiming not his fault...............!

no witnesses stopped as it was a minor bump....

theyv tried 50/50!

i started the claim! i see the offer of 50/50 as acceptance of blame....
they want to go to court, im fine with that;
he has no credibility; lied about being a copper
i have photo evidence which is as clear as could be
he has same photo doctored to look like im cutting him up but my pics show the road markings; clearly his fault...!

recently left my insurance company so i feel there trying to get out of the expense of a court case.... (adrian flux by the way!!!!!!!!!! onto QBE insurance)

if it goes to court am i still covered under my old insurances legal cover? or is it gonna cost me? iv been told it wont cost me but that was when i was still with them for insurance....

agree its my word against him but i can prove hes a liar
i am advanced driver trained
i have perfect photo evidence

what do you guys think? iv lost £120 if i bail & go 50/50
but its the principle! and what happens to my perfect no claims if i go 50/50? that could be the real cost tbh

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

He lied. That would be a clincher, but if you have no witnesses to that effect then it's your word against his. (Unless you have written proof that he said he was a copper) Ah.. you say 'us' though - was Sarah with you? Might not count as valid witness though as was your passenger.

If it went to court, then you have your Army background to back up your 'integrity' which might help.

I would have thought that whoever you were with at the time of the incident would have a legal obligation to honour the legal wranglings. I'm sure Dan@adrianflux will be able to clear that one up though.

If you have photographic (unaltered) proof that he was in the wrong and you're pretty sure it's unquestionable, then go for it.

Good luck mate.

FAO Dan@Adrian Flux - Isn't it the case that there is a legal expenses cover as part of the insurance policies? I know new policy holder quoting 'Projectpuma' when taking out a new policy do have it, I just hope that it would be given in 'good faith' after all Jacko has been through with insurance recently at the very least.

I hate insurance and anything to do with it :(

I hope you get it sorted mate. Sorry I can't offer any advice i'd only end up in my own personal rant.

I would go to court mate. It can get dragged out, but thats waht you pay your legal cover for.

Dal said:
He lied. That would be a clincher, but if you have no witnesses to that effect then it's your word against his. (Unless you have written proof that he said he was a copper) Ah.. you say 'us' though - was Sarah with you? Might not count as valid witness though as was your passenger.

If it went to court, then you have your Army background to back up your 'integrity' which might help.

I would have thought that whoever you were with at the time of the incident would have a legal obligation to honour the legal wranglings. I'm sure Dan@adrianflux will be able to clear that one up though.

If you have photographic (unaltered) proof that he was in the wrong and you're pretty sure it's unquestionable, then go for it.

Good luck mate.

FAO Dan@Adrian Flux - Isn't it the case that there is a legal expenses cover as part of the insurance policies? I know new policy holder quoting 'Projectpuma' when taking out a new policy do have it, I just hope that it would be given in 'good faith' after all Jacko has been through with insurance recently at the very least.

On our policies you get free legal cover for non fault accidents.

I'm getting it looked into as a matter of urgency.
Dan.

Thanks Dan - good to have someone on the inside so to speak.

:eek:k:

Hopefully you'll have some good news soon Jacko :)

Jacko,

You should be getting a call regarding this matter today as i've spoken to the claims manager and he has been doing some research on it for you and has some info for you.

Dan.

Good luck with your claim jacko. Anyway I would go to court if he is trying to be funny. if he is dodgy, he would not be too keen about going to court... they might fine out other details and stuff he doesnt want the court to know about.

I take it you have his name, and seen his driving license to confirm his address and name and date of birth??

police gave me all his details..... (he wouldnt! a crime!!)

cheers dan; got the phone call. not a lot 'adrian flux' can do but nice to know theyv given qbe insurance and the solicitors a prod & its all ongoing... (qbe wrote me a letter basically telling me theyd shut the claim down! badly worded or a hint??!!?!!)

feel for them tbh as this guy im chasing is a complete (insert expletive); took ages to even get it started; im guessing he ignored all the letters until the solicitors threatened court action....

its the solicitors im miffed at; i cant see it being much more of a clear cut case but dont get the impression there willing to 'fight' my side. but i suppose they wouldnt want to seem like there 'egging me on' into a court case. altho there professional opinion would be nice; so far all thev done is ask me what i want to do! 'your the pros; you tell me!!!!!'

only thing that worries me is if this guy needs to 'fight to the death' cos hes close to a ban or his insurance are close to dumping him etc. (got a letter from his insurance which was worded closely to that effect but then i also found more than one grammatical error!!! so prob badly written)

I was under the impression that if all letters were ignored then blame was automatically assumed on that party.

This was the case when one of my friends were hit, the other driver never protested and as a result defaulted.

Hope it gets sorted jacko :)

if one more person drives into me..................... i swear to god, allah, mother nature and my mother in law itl be painted daz white!!!!!!!!

dont know how much itd help tho...

1st; dippy 17yr old female (lost & not paying attention)
2nd; old person reverse parking a 4x4 at night (even drove all over the kerb before hitting mine!)
3rd; other than the fact hes a (insert expletive) he simply didnt know the road, it was early and he didnt know where he was going.....

people make mistakes, the 1st & 2nd guys accepted that and paid up, this guy is just stubborn

Latest posts

Back