is the original radio antenna amplif/ powerd in any way?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puma89

i have mounted a car pc in my ford puma. with a radio resiver that goes along with centrafuse.
only problem only get fuzzy sound no signal.i tried with a wire just to see if i got any signal at all. I did get signal but very bad. i asume the original cd 6000 had a relay that turned
the antenna on. but not sure. any one familiar with this? what wires that goes to the relay? i have looked at tis
ford pc software manual but it dont show the drawings i need.

puma89 said:
i have mounted a car pc in my ford puma. with a radio resiver that goes along with centrafuse.
only problem only get fuzzy sound no signal.i tried with a wire just to see if i got any signal at all. I did get signal but very bad. i asume the original cd 6000 had a relay that turned
the antenna on. but not sure. any one familiar with this? what wires that goes to the relay? i have looked at tis

hey bud id like to see how u done the car pc could you send some pics as i am intrested in this mod

ScubaSteve said:
does sound change with revs?

With using an antenna (just a wire) not powerd I get some signal, when I touch it/change direction of it.
But with the original antenna thats mounted in all ford puma I get no signal. when i search for channel it search back to the channel I started on.
I contacted the resaller of the radio resiver, he thinks the antenna is amlified.

mlg2000 said:
puma89 said:

hey bud id like to see how u done the car pc could you send some pics as i am intrested in this mod

Hi, added some new pictures today. Follow the link

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7251&p=99066#p99066" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any questions I am happy to answear.

Back