Puma radio wiring 6006E

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moog1969

Hi everyone, so I'm fitting a Kenwood stereo to replace my 6006E. My car is a 2002 Thunder. I bought a connecting plug but its very slightly different, possibly for an earlier puma. So my question is does anyone have a wiring diagram for the ford loom that goes into the 6006E unit. I've spent ages on google and searched on here but cant seem to find anything.I can figure the 8 speaker wires but just want to confirm the 7 pin block. The wires are orange//black, Black/green, blue, 2 seperate thin black/orange, black/green and a thin black/orange. The new stereo (nothing fancy) has radio,CD, MP3, USB. Its a KDC4054U and I have a manual with wiring diagram for it.
Any help greatly appreciated,
thanks
Guy

puma wires.jpg

For what its worth, I've fitted Kenwood, Pioneer and Sony head units into 3 Puma including a 2002 Thunder, with no problems at all using the wiring harness adapters from Ebay. The harness adapter connects to the Ford connector one end and ISO connectors the other end, then the specific connector for the aftermarket head unit connects to the ISO harness.
This is the sort of thing, but a bit expensive, but first one I found, 1 Pcs ISO Wiring Harness Stereo Radio Plug Lead Loom Connector Adaptor For Ford | eBay

Cheers for that John 👍🏻 I'm going to give it a go again in the morning but will most probably end up going this route

The good thing about the adaptor cable, is that it's straightforward and can easily be disconnected if you wanted to refit the Ford head unit.
I'll be refitting the 6006 to my Medium Steel blue Puma, when I decide to sell it, so the car will be totally original, but in the meantime I have DAB, MP3 etc.

Hey, I know this was posted a LONG time ago so the links are dead but any chance you have an updated copy of these please?

This is the exact wiring I have and am having problems with 😔
Just saw this. If you need it still, I will have to dig out the old laptop with TIS on it.

Let me know, please

Cheers Wild E. I've taken John's advice and ordered the adaptor in the hope this is the quick fix 😬 but id say it would be worth it at somestage, if you have the time, to root them out as i no many that look for this. (y) Appreciate the responses mind (y)

Latest posts

Back