is this the slowest speed ever?!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenF

after about 2 years of my Mum not being able to get onto the internet properly, yesterday I ran a speed test. Her ISP was giving her an impressive 0.1 bps

yes, that is bps, not Mbps

I phoned their technical department and they said they would call back this afternoon (when I was not there). My Mum is elderly and resistant to change. I changed from the same ISP she is using because they would steadily decrease my download speed until I complained, then increase it the next day and then decrease it again. My Mum was adamant yesterday that she was not going to change provider. After their call back today she cannot wait to change!

I could get better speeds on a 9k dial up modem...

Are you sure the router and filter are ok, also are there filters on every phone socket in the house if there's multiple?

That's pretty low.

it is my Mum's setup and it was working perfectly for many years. I think the ISP has gradually been decreasing her bandwidth. I was with the same ISP and left them for exactly that reason. They would fob me off with excuses and tell me it was my fault because I was using my wireless network wirelessly etc, but miraculously the next day it would be back up to speed, only to slow down again as time passed.

my Mum told me on Saturday that she really did not want to change provider, but after spending 2 hours on the phone to them yesterday she has had enough. She has been paying for a service she has not been getting for nearly 2 years!

Back