It's hot in here.......

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my heating has been stuck on heat for a while now. I have had a brand new HCV swapped in and tried 3 different heater control panels and still no joy.
The most recent panel that I installed went to cold when I first installed it, but as soon as I moved it to heat it now wont go cold again.

Any advice on what to look at next would be mega appreciated.
Thanks

I have the same problem change the heater resistor in the passenger footwell would be next ,I've done that and still no cold air,doing a engine change at mo so not worried about the hot air ,hoping someone has something new to check before I get back to that problem,hope that helps you ,goodluck :grin:

The heater resistor in the passenger footwell just "resists" the fan speed. If you only get speed "4" then that'll be the problem.

I will say that the cheaper HCV are poor quality and don't work properly, I've always used a genuine Ford one and never had any issues :thumbs:

Agree with jim, I had the same problem, ended up being cheep valve.

Have you tested to see if the correct voltage is getting to the HCV? If that's correct (and behaving as it should - see below) then it can only be the HCV.

Dal said:
(For future reference)

Unplug the electrical connector on the HCV and see if you then get hot.

If the HCV gets 12v it will be closed (cold). If the HCV gets 0v it will be open. (Hot)

If the HCV without power makes the blowers only blow hot and when connected it only blows cold then it's the Heater control panel that's broken as the HCV is acting as it should.

The heater control panel below the stereo controls the voltage sent to the HCV. As mentioned, 0v gives hot, 12v gives cold and it pulses the voltage between 12v - 6v - 0v at anywhere between fully hot and fully closed.

I've read that if the HCV does go pop, it can take the panel with it.

Does your cars clock work? Fuse 2 in the knee high fuse box controls that and the heater control panel so check that too.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=25526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back