Just a little reminder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinky

I know most aint as dumb as me but always check ya oil at least once a month otherwise your looking at huge bills :'( :'(

I heard a little noise yesterday morning which within 30 miles turned into a huge noise which turns out to be the bottom end of my engine thats gone so got a new one (courtesy of my dad) being delivered in the morning and fitted over the next few days

Quite lucky really cause lots of haggling and got the price of a 52000 mile engine down from just under 600 quid with 3 month warrenty and delivery to £480 only bit of luck i seem to have had lately

That's not good hun. Are you able to ride the bike again yet whilst the car is out of action?

I check the oil weekly as a matter of cause because of storied like this one :(

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope that you get it all sorted out and can enjoy the kat once more!

And good price on the engine!

nope still not allowed to ride due to a) the amount of morphine im on and b) the fact that if i get pains while im on the bike im more likely to be in an accident than if im in the car :( luckily the mazda hasnt sold yet so dad taxed it for me today and the puma will be ready by the beggining of next week so hopefully no one will turn up wanting to buy the mazda before then lol

Fingers crossed :)

Let us know how it goes. Yeah don't want to be riding without being able to fully concentrate!

Sorry to hear this : I know exactly what that sound sounds like :(

Sounds like you got a bargain of an engine to replace it though so fingers crossed for a speedy puma recovery.

:eek:k:

hope so i spoke to Tony at puma speed cause i remember when you said yours went and my mechanic was talking about attampting a repair but after talking to Tony we decided a new engine was the only way forward espesh after taking the sump off it was full of shards of metal :S

You could spend hours and hours figuring out how to repairing it when at the end of the day it's easier to get another engine. Especially if you can find a relatively low mile one. At 52K (same as what I got) you'll probably feel it to be much tauter than the old one. Give your puma a new invigorated lease of life.

If your handy around an engine its a good idea to change your oil more frequently than once a year, like every 6 months is good. Changing the oil is an easy job, only takes about 30 mins, most of that is sat waiting for the old oil to drip out.

Back