Just been gifted a Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blagger89

Hi all,

My uncle got a new car so gave me his W reg 1.7 Puma.

Just under 130k on the clock, however owner prior to my uncle was a mechanic so its been looked after and I have pretty much every receipt for any work dating back from new.

Theres a sticker on the cam belt cover stating it was changed on 120k (in addition to 47k) so thats all good to go.

Tiny bit of rust bubbles on both rear arches so will need to look into that.

Just did its MOT with 3 advisories -

Offside rear Macpherson strut has slight movement at upper attachment.
Offside front suspension arm has slight play in ball joint.
Nearside rearshock has light misting of oil.

So nothing too major and will be looking at sorting these out over the next few months once I've finished University.

Upgraded to this from a L reg 1.2 Corsa so having power steering again makes me happy, after having a 1.6 Zetec Focus (52) for 5 years before that blowing up on me forcing me down to the Corsa.

Had the car 2 days and already in love with it!

Cheers all, it's all dependant on my final grades at University whether I'll be paying him for the car, but he wanted it gone and knew I'd look after it. So as of now its been "gifted" haha.

blagger89 said:
Cheers all, it's all dependant on my final grades at University whether I'll be paying him for the car, but he wanted it gone and knew I'd look after it. So as of now its been "gifted" haha.

That's an incentive to do well huh.

Back