KEY FOB HELP for newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerboy

hi all im new here :p just woundered what types of key will work on a 2000 plate puma? cause looking at the currant ket i has the ford badge printed on the platic, but the one i found has a blue ford badge?

will this one work? is it a newer fob? link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-FOCUS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-FIEST" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 240%3A1318

or this one, its accually a supprise for some1 thanx ian

I am sure if its the same shape it would be ok, but a new key fob means that you will have to programme it to your car, not sure if theres a guide on here to do that....
or someone more technical will be along to help

Welcome to the site :) Hope your sorted soon

Or for a bit of class you can go for the 'flick-blade' option

IMG_0550.jpg

What's the reason you are buying a new Fob?
To code it yourself to start the car, you will need to already have 2 keys which do this. If not, it becomes an expensive business. Don't forget you have to get a new key blade cut as well, some ebay sellers do this for free.

Regarding the ref found inside the keys:
It's not critical to have exactly the same ref on the remote as a replacement.
My initial keys were a 3 button remote, ref 98BG15K601AB and the solid plastic with red immobiliser chip.
With these, I coded another of the same ref (bought off ebay), using the two original keys.
Following this, I purchased 98BG15K601AC (from ebay) and also coded this.
The different letters should not make any difference. the AC on the above is an Up-Suffix from AB, AC has an insert (different lining to help stop "over-force", i.e. pushing buttons too hard and breaking either them, or the circuit board inside).

Hi Ian,

You can use the one with the Blue logo on the back, that is just a newer design.

As Rick says as long as it has the red chip it will do the job.

See this link:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For my Puma flip out key. (Like Robs except I actually use mine in a puma ;))

key_open.jpg

Yay, i busted my suprise!!! lol.
Maybe if you didn't use my computer 2 register on here...i never would have found out!!!
By the way Ian...i like the flip one!!!!! lol

Well read the guide for the flip one as its not just as simple as getting the fob as the flip keys (Ford & Jaguar) come with a blue chipped key which you can't program to start the car.

You need to get a red chip (available with some keys on eBay and on their own) then modify the key to take out the blue chip and replace with the red.

Also if you only have 1 key currently that could cause another problem with regard to actually programming it to your car... you may have to take it to Ford for programming.

Read my link though as that explain all :)

And it's cack to be busted!

red said:

This being the thread in question:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another giraffe for ya:

5963fh7.gif

red said:
Well read the guide for the flip one as its not just as simple as getting the fob as the flip keys (Ford & Jaguar) come with a blue chipped key which you can't program to start the car.

You need to get a red chip (available with some keys on eBay and on their own) then modify the key to take out the blue chip and replace with the red.

Also if you only have 1 key currently that could cause another problem with regard to actually programming it to your car... you may have to take it to Ford for programming.

And it's cack to be busted!
it is i think i made it to obvious being a biker :p ow well thanxs for the info i was only trying to help in secret 8)

Ducati ST2 here.

I rode a ZX6R once. Faster than my bike (Just doesn't sound as good)

Welcome :D

Latest posts

Back