Keys and alarm

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200sxman

Hi, I'm sure this topic has come up many times,but all I have read has not cleared my confusion.
My first question is can the car be locked using the key in the lock(not using the remote system) and then re opened at a later time without the alarm being set off?
It would appear according to my manual this should be possible. If I lock the car with the key and then re-open it almost immediately the alarm does not go off. However if I leave it a few minutes and then unlock it with the key it sets off the alarm.
There must be a way you can get into the car and start it by just use of the key rather than the remote or you are stuffed if the remote gives up and you are in the middle of nowhere.

thats interesting, I need to get my drivers lock repaired as I cant unlock the door at all from that side, but the passenger lock always sets the alarm off if I unlock it, the only way I can get in mine also without the alarm going off is with the remote. Im guessing on that basis that when I replcae my drivers lock with a new one, this will also set the alarm off?

I had a problem with my alarm a couple of days ago, after I put the battery back on after charging it.

As soon as I connected the battery, the alarm went off. No matter how many times I tried to lock/unlock the car (at the drivers door), the alarm would not reset. Could not use the remote, as the key had become un-programmed.

As I found out, it is possible to start the car and drive it while the alarm is going off!!

I had a search on here and read something about if the lock is loose in the door, it can cause the alarm to think it has not been locked/unlocked properly.
I locked then unlocked the car using the passenger lock, which is nice a secure, and the alarm reset.

Maybe both of you have loose locks which is causing these issues....??

I would post a link to the thread I found, but I can't find it again...

EDIT: Found it....: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10548&p=157620&hilit=loose+lock+alarm#p157620 ..... second paragraph.

I went to the local Ford garage today,and they told me the doors should be able to be unlocked using the key and not the remote. The passenger side of my car will lock and unlock on the key and activate and de activate the alarm and deadlock as it should. The drivers lock will not de activate the alarm on the key but it will on the remote. They say there is a micro switch on the lock which is probably defective on mine. It may just need cleaning if not a new one is £41.00 +vat!!!
I'll keep you posted.

topmansparkie said:
I had a problem with my alarm a couple of days ago, after I put the battery back on after charging it.

As soon as I connected the battery, the alarm went off. No matter how many times I tried to lock/unlock the car (at the drivers door), the alarm would not reset. Could not use the remote, as the key had become un-programmed.

As I found out, it is possible to start the car and drive it while the alarm is going off!!

I had a search on here and read something about if the lock is loose in the door, it can cause the alarm to think it has not been locked/unlocked properly.
I locked then unlocked the car using the passenger lock, which is nice a secure, and the alarm reset.

Maybe both of you have loose locks which is causing these issues....??

I would post a link to the thread I found, but I can't find it again...

EDIT: Found it....: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10548&p=157620&hilit=loose+lock+alarm#p157620 ..... second paragraph.

Back