Lack of response

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F2eeman

Trying to get my puma to run properly again after buying it cheap, I'v got a fully working puma along side this one for trying fully working parts on the others engine.

So far its had new plugs, leads, coilpack, airfilter, fuel filter, oil change and filter, discs and pads, new clutch and cyl. Not necessarily to fix this problem, it was hesitating under load (coil pack fixed it) but now its bought to light a problem in responsiveness. When changing gear or trying to pull away, it feels like I'v not pressed the accelerator pedal down enough, but as soon as it picks up it runs fine. Just light pressure on the throttle doesn't seem to do much, where as response on the other puma and previous owned puma is/was very good indeed. It is definitely a problem and I'm certain I'm not just being daft :D .... Its not the brakes sticking or anything like that, it just seems to lack response.

I'v swapped over the MAF from the good one and problem still persists.
I'v got a couple of guesses at what it could be but looking for some more ideas

Batts been disconnected recently (reset ecu?) and I'v not driven it for any more than a mile or two since I put all the new bits on. Will the ECU need to relearn stuffs and maybe a good run could sort it out (no tax atm though, so can't take it very far at all)?

Also my torx bits have gone missing so I can't swap over the TPS's could it be that?

Checked all vacuum hoses etc and no leaks.

hmmm, tough one... I asume you'we cheked the throttle linkage, as it can stick...

have you checked the timing to make shure it is absolutley spot on?

faulty vct can make it non responsive..

cloged exaust/knackerd cat kan also make it non responsive... i had a probe once, that was so cloged in the bak box it stoped, if I tryed to go over 4000 rpm, it also feelt verry veek and non responsive.

Can I just ask after this problem came do u get a wired noise coming from the air filter box when your putting your foot down like u have a KnN filter or system but u haven't because I'm having the same problem as you if I'm correct

Back