Lancaster Classic Cars at the NEC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit disappointed yesterday not to see any "classic" Pumas there. None on any of the the club stands that I could see.
any Thoughts?
Apparently the only Puma there was for sale, it wasn't an FRP, I think it sold for about £7k !
The FRP owners normally have a stand I believe, but for one reason or another, they didn't make it this year.
At least we had yours and Colin Smith's FRP's at the last Gaydon Gathering.

It's hard for people to step up and organise meets and/or shows and when you do you hope that you can muster interest from fellow owners, we've seen even the big shows like Ford Fair garner no support and end up being canned, which is of course disappointing both to those who may have shown interest, but also the organiser.

I'd say as the number of road worthy Pumas continue to diminish, that it'll only be a handful of key events that enthusiasts will attend outside of their local shows.

It's hard for people to step up and organise meets and/or shows and when you do you hope that you can muster interest from fellow owners, we've seen even the big shows like Ford Fair garner no support and end up being canned, which is of course disappointing both to those who may have shown interest, but also the organiser.

I'd say as the number of road worthy Pumas continue to diminish, that it'll only be a handful of key events that enthusiasts will attend outside of their local shows.
I go to a lot of local classic car shows, plus some further away, it's always great to meet another Puma owner or more, the Puma's are usually well received and get a fair bit of attention.
This year we had 5 Puma's at the Old Ford rally at Gaydon museum, the young lady and her partner in the Millie came down from Leeds, it would be great to get more there next year, admission was £9 per car, so not too expensive.
The Gaydon Gatherings are free to attend, but you have to book, they run from April to October, usually on the 2nd. Tuesday evening, the last one in October this year, we managed to get 6 Puma's, including 2 FRPs.
As soon as dates are available, I'll post them on here

Yup I saw the Puma for sale at the Auction but it was the only one I saw. Really surprised I didn't see an FRP unless I missed one.

Latest posts

Back