LED rear clusters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sax-puma

I bought a pair of red led brake lights and a pair of xenon reverse lights off of ebay.
These are made to replace the standard bulbs.

I fitted the bulbs and tested them, the reverse lights didn't work and the brake lights only came on when I switched the headlights on, and didn't light up brighter when I pressed the break pedal?

I checked all of the bulbs, and they looked fine, no breaks etc. I come to the conclusion that they were cheap and of poor quaity and sent them back.

I then went to halfords to buy their brand of led brake lights and xenon reverse lights, and guess what!?...

They didn't work either!

So is it just that the puma won't take these bulbs? Or is there hope yet in finding the led's I long for!!!

you need to swap around the stop and side light wires as the puma has them reversed for these led bulbs,the reversing 1's need rotating around 180 degrees as they work on polarity,normal bulbs dont for reversing lights

martinthrapston said:
you need to swap around the stop and side light wires as the puma has them reversed for these led bulbs,the reversing 1's need rotating around 180 degrees as they work on polarity,normal bulbs dont for reversing lights

Cheers for that, I will have a go.

I don't suppose there are any step by step instructions with pictures avaiable?

Wil do, would I be right in saying that the bubs are stop tail ights are 1157/380/BAY15D/P21/5W (dual pins)

yep they are dual pins... I am sure

Ive got the LED light clusters fitted, aye, I bought mine from aceparts off ebay and when Ive checked in both daylight and at night they do light up brighter when braking albeit not alot, but it can be seen....
Although I do have the additional aid of an LED brakelight in my spoiler which also helps aswell... Im sure YOG has fitted brighter stop/tail lights also...

HTH mate

e3silversurfer said:
put your standard bulbs and check that they are working to rule out the fuse or connection are not the culprits.

Its not that, i put my original bulbs straight back in and I have been using them since.

I guess then my next question is, where can I get the best quality led's?

Hi there, I just got an X Reg Moondust Silver Puma 1.7, just wondering how you have got on with getting LED rear lights, as I'm looking to get them done and get R8 style strips for the front clusters?

Look forward to your reply.

Seasons Greetings!

Regards,

Deyton

Deyton said:
Hi there, I just got an X Reg Moondust Silver Puma 1.7, just wondering how you have got on with getting LED rear lights, as I'm looking to get them done and get R8 style strips for the front clusters?

Look forward to your reply.

Seasons Greetings!

Regards,

Deyton

Hi mate,

I haven't bot them yet, but I will let you know.

Back