Light weight battery

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the use of car and why you want one (im assuming for tracking/racing) I would first try relocating the original to the rear passenger footwell. Another thing worth mentioning is if using the car for the road then gel batteries can stuff you in winter as they're a lot less reliable.

The cheapo (£50) ebay jobbies are not suitable at all.
Dead in no time (I think they need constant charge)

Simply fitting a 54Ah Fiesta battery saves FIVE kilos!

The same people who sell those fifty quid Powervamp things also sell a heavier duty version for about £100
I`ve no experience, but looking at the spec they should work better.

It was just to save some weight and the battery doesn't seem to wana work I left it on tick over for ages to charged it ,started once but not again so was gonna change it.wasn't sure if I put it behind the seat it would pass an mot or not .

We use an ultramax 22 amp agm battery. Car was left through winter Oct -March and started first turn. Weighs 8kg less

Iv gone with a fiesta battery thanks any one now of cheapest place to get battery cable to relocate behind the seat

Don't go for cheap for the battery cable, go for the best quality you can afford or your car may be a pig to start.
Barry

Back