Lighting / Fuses

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeBoi

In my previous car I had a massive amount of in car lighting ranging from dashboard flexi strips to foot well neons.. each one required a 12V input so all i did was grab a massive 12v hub and run them all through there. yes that worked but it looked terrible and was just a pain to keep plugging in and out.

I have a new set of LED's for my Puma. all of them again will run off the cars electrics once wired in correctly but they require piggy backing off exsiting wires and i don't like doing this I don't feel its very safe and ive heard bad things about the wires heating up.

ok so heres my plan

get some type of seperate fuse box and connect it to the battery directly like a sub would be. earth it and mount it somewhere hidden. then from this run a series of wires that go diectly to each light requiring power....

does anybody know the best way to do this and what kind of fuses/fusebox I should be looking for... and/or a better way to do it?

The lights I have are 2x 12" neons for footwells, small led's for inside the speaker grills on all 4 speakers, the same Led's to go on the underside of the handle on the door cards and some more Led's to go in the seat belt holes in the rear seats.

Oh and I also want it to be controlled by just one switch... so obviously this switch will be a break between power and the fusebox.

I hope you understand what i am trying to achieve and I hope someone can help me

Back