Lights on all the time?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenscar

Getting Lauren's car back together now and the battery was dead and wouldn't revive so I bought a new one.

As soon as I did I realised that the rear lights (I don't THINK it's the brake lights) were on (the headlights aren't connected currently).

I went to turn them off at the switch and they were off...

No position turns the rear lights off with the battery connected. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

M.

I would be tempted to say light / indicator stalks need replacing but when you say your putting it together what work have you done? it could be related to that?

Have someone press the brake pedal it might be brake lights stuck on after all

It had a front end shunt and also a bit of hit on the OSR wing.

I guess it could be an earthing issue, but it's possible the stalk's gone too. Is that a relatively easy fix?

M.

Yes its fairly simple just a few screws to take the cowls off and one screw holding the stalks in at the top iirc + the electrical connectors each side. However you have to make sure you get the right one as there is an early and late version and they arent interchangeable.

However if there wasnt a problem with the stalks prior to the damage I dont think they would spontaneosly cause this problem.I would think it more likely its related to the damage or repair of damage.Any chance you have connected a wire to the battery up wrong? I seem to remember someone had all sorts of electrical madness by connecting up a headlight incorrectly somehow.

I've noticed the front OS sidelight is on too and this was a problem we had before on and off, so it might be it was a problem before.

In another thread someone mentioned "The WD40 trick" - Anyone got a link to or description of that before I try and source a new stalk?

Thanks.

M.

Just spray WD40 with the straw into the joint of the light switch and turn them on and off repeatedly, reapply WD40 a couple of times

Latest posts

Back