long, slow, slide of doom into a post

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigJ

Well, the weathers just great in P-town, had a fun little incident in the snow this morning. Was looking for somewhere to park to eat a McDonalds with my mate in the car and was heading for a car park when suddenly a gate appeared out of the murky darkness and brake and cue the resulting 10mph slide that seems to never stop, had about 3 seconds to decide what part of the car was gonna take it. It was one of those barriers thats 2 lanes wide and so had a bar running along the top and two diagonal supporting struts so choices were; straight ahead and have the supporting struts go all the way up both wings and finally the top bar go into windscreen or aim for the corner. Went for the second option and luckily just suffered a bit of paint scuffing so there's now a red mark on the front right corner. Anyone any idea on how to get that off? Merry Crimbo by the way if you're feeling festive.

Hi BigJ ... You could try some T-Cut that's usually pretty good at taking off other peoples paint, light scratchs etc.

Sorry to hear of your slide though, that must have been frustrating!

yeah we did get hit with quite a bit didnt we!! haha main roads are not so bad, but the streets are just not clearing even on the road!
Hope you get it sorted!

bigJ said:
Was looking for somewhere to park to eat a McDonalds

Content yourself with the thought you probably did almost as much damage to yourself as to the car.

Tough luck though

lol, yeah Mucky D's is my last resort for food but that or a kebab, which is worse? It was quite funny cause i got out, had a look, it was ok and then drove off again, the security guard that saw it must have laughed.

The main roads are fine but residential areas are a skating rink, my road is awful but it does have a nice really wide corner for some sweet little handbrake turns on my way home.haha

Not the slightest doubt; McD is the lowest possible point in the food chain.

Kebab every time.

At least you get loads of salad in a kebab :eek:k:

Sorry to hear of your unwelcome "Drift action" :(

haha, well thats the first time i've had one of the mucky ones in a long time, it won't be repeated any time soon.

Checked the car today in the light and most of the red paint comes off with my fingers so happy days, a bit of T-cut of some elbow grease and no-ones the wiser :D

Back