Long time lurker, first time poster...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HA51EMT

As the title says...

Joined the forum back in Early 2010 when my wife got her first Puma, a 2k 1.4 in Moondust Silver.

Following the birth of our first granddaughter the Mrs. decided she wanted something with four doors and a bigger boot to accommodate the massive pushchair/travel system we had bought.
Cue our brief interlude with a VW Golf GTi, which neither of us particularly liked and was nowhere near as reliable as the adverts would have you believe.
After 18 months of earache and listening to her moaning "I wish I'd never sold my Puma."

I decided enough was enough and started Puma hunting.

Managed to find a tidy Millennium relatively local, showed her a pic (Ooh I like that, she says.)
Went for a look and a test drive, made sure the new improved smaller push chair fitted in the boot and she was hooked!

Body work is reasonable, just a slight bubbling of the rear arches and around the rear wiper plus the obligatory stone chips.

It's still a work in progress at the moment, so far I've:

Upgraded the mismatched headlamp bulbs.
LED side lights.
Aero wipers.
New boot struts.
Fan style washer jets.
Rubber grommets on parcel shelf strings.

Still to do:
Change timing belt, aux belt and water pump.
Polish and wax, try to get it all one colour again.
Upgrade to LED number plate bulbs. (If I can get the light units out!)
Replace the scratched headlight units.
Refurb or replace the wheels. (I fancy white but the Mrs.is not convinced.)
Something with the milky fog lights.
Remove the dodgy rat like greyhound sticker on the boot lid.

Anyway enough rambling for now, Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce Puma Millennium #424!
(Sorry for dodgy iPhone pics, will take some better ones, in a better location at some point.)

2637306190103065272S600x600Q85.jpg

2223319860103065272S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you for your patience.

Tel.

Hi, And Welcome along to ProjP. :thumbs:

If you have any questions or issues needing addressed then fire them onto the forum. There is alot of useful knowledge to be found from other members and there is always someone who can help you out with your problems or questions.

Mac

Flying Scotsman said:
Hi, And Welcome along to ProjP. :thumbs:

If you have any questions or issues needing addressed then fire them onto the forum. There is alot of useful knowledge to be found from other members and there is always someone who can help you out with your problems or questions.

Mac

Thanks,
No doubt there will be loads of questions and asks for help!
Already discovered and used loads of solutions to problems from searching the forum!

Tel.

Hello and welcome, looks a lovely example, I have just recently joined the Puma world, I too need to sort the basics before I move onto other bits and pieces. It's a fantastic place here, loads of info at hand!
:)

Back