Lowered car by 40mm and fronts a lot higher

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossedmike

As title says lowered car by 40mm lowering springs and. The front is alot lot higher then the rear I'm wondering if. Getting some lowered drop links would help lower the front more or not thanks guys

Might be a daft question but have you moved the car yet? It will lower the first time you move it a bit. Drop links won't do anything for it.
Barry

No just built it up and left it to settle. So you recon give it a move. To drop it a little more. :)

I mean that the rear on 15s with a 40mm drop and looks low

The front is like 4 finger gap. Like it's reversed raked. But I'll have a go at moving Tomoz

Thanks mike

The back looks too low for -40mm are you sure you assembled it properly? Just push the car backwards and forwards whilst turning the steering wheel and it'll settle at the front.
Barry

That's what I thought came off in reverse order to going on and. Only think I could think is it the rear. Racing puma suspensions that has made it a little lower then standard

Still have originals might change em round and see. As the damper may be different in compression I'll deffo give it a roll and turn tomorrow to see if helps with front.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike
The dampers are irrelevant it's the height of the spring seat and the length of the springs that determines the ride height. As I remember when I did mine in relaxed length the rear -40 springs are not much shorter than standard so they went onto the damper unit without needing spring compressors.
Barry

I lowered mine +/- 6 cm in front and rear. Looks rather similar to yours actually.
ncf4.jpg

That does look similar. Maybe out the garage will look higher as at a close up angle I'll have to see if not. I'll look at the mounts and that to make are are 100%

PS Don't forget to get the front end tracking checked and adjusted, if necessary, or you'll be shelling out for new front tyres in a very short time.
Barry

Haha ye getting full set of new tyre and fully tracked and aligned as is our nergbeurgring trip toy has needs to be set up for that

Grab a tape measure and see how much it is actually lower than standard (below).

Nominal height from wheel center to top of wheel arch;-
Front - 375mm
Rear - 378mm

At least you will be able to see if they've dropped the same or not.

:thumbs:

no.. thats definitely lower than 40mm..

One of my first mods was lowering 40mm (shocks and springs) and on 15" wheels this is how she sat

DSC00051_zps84833aca.jpg

Back