Lowering Ideas!!! and power

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkerlad83

Guys,

may front shocks have gone my old girl so was looking changing the job lot for a set up, been looking at pro sport coilovers i can get them for about £250 or go for a gmax Suspension kit 30mm lowering all round,

1,whats the best lowering height on a puma??? so i can still get over speed humps still

2,whats the best bushes to go for Poly or OEM??

3,my goal is total handling for all the country roads

4, also where do i start to get more power out of my puma

5, what exhuast to go for

cheers if you have ideas guys

Coilovers Personally I wouldn't get with the way the roads are a matched set of sahocks and springs will be fine and 30mm is a good enough drop (Ford -25mm eibachs as a option to 5mm more should be fine.

Poly bush front wish bones is fine, but if you swap the rear sub frame bushes to these it can be abit hard riding and some people think that staying standard is a better compromise.

When you do change your suspension, remeber to swap the top mounts as well- they have a big impact if there not in changed and it makes sense while they are easy to get to.

30mm drop should be ok for speed bump- it just depnds on your area - round me they range from small to mountains.

front lower strut brace could be a good idea as well to improve your handleing.

I've just started working with my uncle to make up a rear strut brace for my puma that works with the rear mounts that are in place on the Puma. Hopefully it will be inplace for Ford Fair and shouldn't introud to much.

Powwer wise I'd say a simple intake upgrade to a enclosed intake (Pipercross viper style etc) coupled with a Full miltek system will surfice- with sports cat for legality.

thanks for the reply scotty1.7

30mm drop it is then..... top mounts wise yeah i will will be doing these

the lower strut i will order in the next couple of weeks

i have been offered a full Gmax Suspension kit for 200 notes, whats the word on these?

once there done going to upgrade the brakeage as the ones i have on at the mo i would be better sticking my foot on the back tyres like we used to do with our BMX's
i saw on pumaspeed they do 260mm conversation for less then 200 notes what you think??

RE brakes I agree with the above- but you may beed 16's to accomodate these

i take it ebay is the best palce to pick up the 300/st170 brake upgrade??

also are Gmax Suspension kits any good just about to order a set for £188 brand new

They are cheap and cheerful. Budget uprated suspensions but they have a good rep with a lot of people. I think they are UK made.

nice one tekz

they will do me fine for the moment then, i have been driving around on fcuked front shocks for the last 3 months or so, so once the gmaxers are on im sure it feel like a new car for me

I know the feeling ;), saving up for an eibach/bilstein setup atm, aint cheap at 100 per shock! :p
Goodluck with your shocks, will be a big difference, nice comfy ride, better steering, handling etc and be able to drive over speed bumps at more than 15mph! :)
I'd get the top mounts done as well while you're doing the shocks. They're probably almost shot too, get them checked over at least.

Best regards,
tekz

eibach/bilstein sounds like fun times for you when there set up for you tekz :grin:

well i have ordered them now and top mounts plus some goodridge braided hoses, so pick them up end of the month, and get them fitted

then onto the sound system

Back