Lowest Mileage Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunch1980

Following on from highest how about lowest? My millie is on about 39,000 cant check as I drove the classic mini today thats on even less mileage lol.

I know mine is genuine to as its been owned by family since new as well. Been well serviced, but as others have said liners on the 1.7 are like motorbike engines so more regular oil changes will do no harm at all!! :cool: :cool:

My 2001 Medium Steel Blue 1.7 Luxe is on 29361 with full service history and old MOT's to prove.

Drives like a dream and much more fun than my 2008 Fiesta ST150 which feels like driving a double decker bus in comparison!

Hehe thought there be more lowet than mine, im hoping mine will go another 40k trouble free!

I have not driven many cars but I love the way the puma handles and the noise as revs rise is very nice!!

Yeah if the car has only ever done sort journeys, that's not to good for the engine as it will never really get up to temp. I think really low mileages would put me off buying, likewise really high mileage, although theoretically if a high miler has only ever been driven sensibly then there should be less engine wear on a low mileage used for sort journeys.

I pretty much only ever do more than 10 miles and family/freinds etc are all a good few miles aways. I also find the temp gauge rises pretty quick to the middle and stays there really.

I get no smoke or water out of exhaust either and I do tend to rev her out lots once warm hehe!

Y0ungn1ck said:
My 2001 Medium Steel Blue 1.7 Luxe is on 29361 with full service history and old MOT's to prove.

Drives like a dream and much more fun than my 2008 Fiesta ST150 which feels like driving a double decker bus in comparison!

Good thing it's still ok. I've also heard that the 1.7 doesn't take kindly to little use

Our Puma has always been used as a second or third car all it's life. We have another Puma with 45K on it and a Fiesta ST and a Mazda MX-5 in the family. All low mileage, all used alternately and not necessarily for short trips, all regularly serviced with average oil changes every 3000 miles and cam belt changes at 5 years. None of our cars have had any of the problems that regularly appear in this forum, other than a HCV recently needing replacing on the 45K Puma.

Hi, mine has just rolled over to a genuine 28k, 2000 model 1.7 Lux in silver. Just bought it today with full documented history (not that there was much of it!). It's been in dry storage for many years. Some pics in my intro post in 'newbies'. :grin:

What do I win? :p :lol:

All that jazz said:
Hi, mine has just rolled over to a genuine 28k, 2000 model 1.7 Lux in silver. Just bought it today with full documented history (not that there was much of it!). It's been in dry storage for many years. Some pics in my intro post in 'newbies'. :grin:

What do I win? :p :lol:

Mine should hit 30000 in the next month. Drives like new and no rust even on the rear arches.

Just bought a 2002 Ford Puma 1.7 with the Lux pack in Moondust Silver with only 24,600 miles on the clock! One lady owner from new, full Ford Service History and a black A4 file full of paperwork! Had to fly down to London and drive it back, but it was well worth it! It drives and still smells brand new!

Congratulations! There are some nice ones about. Both our family Pumas originally had private plates and were obviously cossetted.

Thanks YOungn1ck! This is a really nice one with no rust at all! It's been really looked after! A friend of mine is a time served mechanic with his own garage, so I'm going to get him to put a Ford timing belt kit on it (just for my peace of mind, if for nothing else). Once that's been done, I'll be happy! Going to wait until the better weather arrives and then I'll be understealing the wheel arches (for rust prevention purpuses)! I've got a private plate on a retention certificate that I had on my Lotus Elise, but I don't know whether it's worth putting it on the Puma? Don't get me wrong, I think the Puma is absolutely fantastic - I've never felt this happy about any of my cars since the Lotus, but I'm wondering if it's worth putting a private reg on something which is nearly 10 years old?

Daftgit said:
... but I'm wondering if it's worth putting a private reg on something which is nearly 10 years old?

We have our cherished plates on a 2003 Jagdeo and a 2004 996.

Why not?

Back