Manual to electric Wing Mirror?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QJP

Hello. Long story short... crazy ass woman takes a blind bend to fast, loses control and strays over the road and wipes out my driver side mirror (thankfully I had a driving instructor who taught how to corner properly, so I was tucked right into the corner on my side of the road :roll: ).

My mirrors are manual.

I picked up an electric mirror replacement from a breakers yard for £24. I've fitted it today (#feelinglikeaman) with the help of my six year old, but I noticed that there was a socket inside the door card which looked as though it would take the electric wing mirror cable.

If I connect it up, do I risk blowing the fuse box? I appreciate I'd need to acquire the nozzle to control the mirror but that's easy enough. I have heard that the fuse box may take it if it is a certain type... but I am not sure how to check.

I'm limping along in a rusty '98 :thumbs:

Any help would be appreciated!

TYIA.

Loom should be there, you need the switch and the silver panel it sits in then it should all plug in and work.

Head back there and get the other side, the switch and the two inner triangle covers and your upgrade is complete :cool:

Latest posts

Back