Millenium Recaro's - Wiring

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huw_jenks

I'm very happy today as I've managed to find a full Millenium interior in good condiditon and fit it! I notice it has electric motors in the seat, I think for the up/down vertical adjustment, is there a way of wiring them in to a Y reg 1.7 Puma?

Cheers
Huw

I would imagine all you need is a live feed from somewhere to the switches (you do have the switches I take it) but they probably draw a fair amount of current so maybe use something like the feed to the lighter socket perhaps.

BTW lucky bugger :grin:

If you look on the last 3 or 4 pages of my build thread I've just wired up my drivers recaro seat to a blank in the inner fuse box. The Earth I did earlier and wired it to one of the self tapping screws on the inner door jamb behind the carpet.
Barry

Did this very recently, I earthed on the drivers side sill near the front, there's an earth there already, so just used that. Live I routed under the carpet to the cigarette lighter. Works a treat.

Still looking for replacement plastics for my seats if anyone has any! Mine are cracked. And rear trim panels. (Millennium)

tuonokid said:
[post]364213[/post] If you look on the last 3 or 4 pages of my build thread I've just wired up my drivers recaro seat to a blank in the inner fuse box. The Earth I did earlier and wired it to one of the self tapping screws on the inner door jamb behind the carpet.
Barry

Thanks I found the page on the build thread, just wondering what wire and what fuse you used?

I just bought a fused link with thicker wire than the wire from the seats so I knew it would be safe then put in a 5 amp fuse to replace the 15 amp that the link came with.
Barry

Back