Millennium Seats in a V reg Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gally

Hi guys, managed to secure a nice v reg runabout. My 6th puma all in. I also have a lovely set of seats from a millennium.

Now I know how many times this has been asked but I still am not sure on the top hats and pre tentioner.

Any help very appreciated.

Early Pumas had the top hats, later ones had a piece of metal which extends down from the seat rail to the floor instead of the top hats.
Putting later seats in early Puma is just a matter of doing away with the top hats so the later seats should just drop in.
Putting later seats I a later Puma I assume would be a straight swap.

As for the pretensioners, I would assume all the later ones are the same and may be swappable. You will find out if the yellow plugs won't fit in to the sockets in the car.
The pretensioners can be swapped between seats. Only one torx bolt in the side to remove, so it can be pulled downwards past the plastic trim.

Thanks chap. So it should be a straight swap?

I thought millenium seats came under the older seats style. Ie top hats? Even though they are out a 2000 car?

I'm so confused. I hope it's a straight swap Anyway! At a push I just change the pre tensioners over?

You won't know 100% until you look and compare the seats.

If the original seats have top hats and the replacements dont, remove the top hats.
If the original seats don't have top hats and the replacements do, use the top hats.

That makes it sound very simple. Fingers crossed that's the case. Nothing to lose as the seats will sell ten times over to be fair.

If you've got the rear seats along with the front and rear door cards from the Millenium as well as the front seats and you're considering selling, I'd be very interested.

Latest posts

Back