Mondeo mk3 caliper on 15 inch wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex'

Hi,

Someone has already fit mondeo mk3 front caliper with 300 mm ST170 dic
under 15 inch wheels ?

the caliper

pb140242.jpg

the wheel
IMG_7385-1.jpg

thanks

It is possible, but it depends on the wheel. Some wheels have a more bulbous back area, which makes it harder to get tehm to fit. If they have quite a bit of balancing weight on them then it'll probably be impossible. But if it's not far off then you'll have to grind the calipers to round off the ends. It has been done before and isn't that hard to do, as there's plenty of metal there to go through. There was an issue of Fast Ford where Jamie did this conversion on his Fiesta with 15" Pro Race 1.2s on, so if you can find that bit, it might be on the website, it'd give you a guide.

those wheels are the same as the zetec s wheels off the mk5 , and my st170 brakes needed a very slight grind and a 3mm spacer to clear

I have another question :)

what would be the best choice for 300 mm grooved disc ?

I saw that there was no Brembo max and ATE powerdisc in this size.

would recommend using the st170 calipers too as the sliders are lower in the caliper so when you grind them they wont be exposed

Don't the ST170 calipers have a different bolt pattern or something, which is why the Mondeo ones are used in the first place. I'm pretty sure Focus hubs are different from others.

Back