Monroe shocks, Lesjofors springs - any experience?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollcage

As above really - suspension on my Puma is a bit knackered, to say the least.

Can't really justify spending huge money, but the above combination comes in at under £250 for four springs and shocks, from companies i have at least heard of!

The springs are lowered by 35mm, and as far as I can tell not massively stiff - I don't want to ruin the ride quality!

Seems like an acceptable compromise to me, but I know people sometimes don't advise using standard shocks with lowered springs.

Anybody got any experience of either parts?

Cheers

annoyingly i sold a set of apex springs which had done less than 1000miles on a set of oem fronts and monroe rear shocks recently, for £31 on ebay :cry:

mine drove really well on std shocks and lowered springs, and the monroes were fine.

Thanks for that, good to hear.

I'm not a massive fan of destroying ride quality for the sake of grip. The Puma has little enough of it as it is! I bought a couple of legs today from a scrappy for £20 which will get it through an MOT, but I've wanted to have a little play with a Puma for a while now, and this seems like a sensible solution to me!

Just the front brakes to go now - though the ones on this X reg car are much better than the earlier cars i had! (Oh, and a decent set of tyres!)

Back