MOT 2012

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the initial draft:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/MOT%20Inspection%20Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldnt worry about cats too much. it says:
On vehicles that qualify for a full cat emissions test, check the presence of the catalytic converter.

the number of engines that can pass a cat test without a cat are slim so not relevent really.

and those of you with engine swaps still have the right to engine related emissions and thus, if your car does not qualify for a cat test, then it doesnt need one.

I think with pretentioners and airbags it will be a ploy on words that will need clarification. So far its "obviously missing". You could argue that removal or replacement with non airbag is not "missing". guess its a word battle that will take place.

my car has failed the emission test. FirstlyI poured Catacleaner and this did nothing at all. I replaced a new 02 sensor still failed. they said that it can be Catalytic converter needing replacing for £650.00

Any advie. Can I clean this conveter?

1) Does your car have 1 or 2 lambda sensors?
If it has 2,
2 Did you change the sensor in the exhaust manifold , as that is the main sensor.

3) Have you plugged the car into a fault code reader yet?

4)What were the readings you got on the emissions print out?

my car has failed the emission test. FirstlyI poured Catacleaner and this did nothing at all. I replaced a new 02 sensor still failed. they said that it can be Catalytic converter needing replacing for £650.00

Any advie. Can I clean this conveter?
You can get new one for around £100, or less, depending on type. Depends what year your Puma is, as to whether the CC needs to be Type Approved, or not:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=ford+puma+catalytic+converter&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ford+puma+1.7+catalytic+converter&_sacat=0

Latest posts

Back