MOT fail

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave93.marsh

0007 had her MOT today and failed on them silly emission rules! :cry:
After a sprinted drive to Pumabuild to buy a new mid section (as it was the cat that had gone) I'm just waiting to pick her back up in the morning! :grin:

:x fingers crossed that gets it sorted! Sure it wasn't just the o2 sensor?

Thanks red, she was running de-cat for a year and the cat was sitting in my shed, it looked a sorry state.
I had the cat put back on for the MOT the tester is a family friend and has always done my cars so I trust him.
Fingers now crossed as I'm planning on getting it all looking nice for ford fair. :lol:

ah.. makes sense :D

Im working on Ford Fair now annoyingly... even though i only wanted to come briefly to look round the stand :D

dave,

We struggled to get mine through this year on emissions then I realised I hadnt plugged the lambda in properly after having the manifold off !!

Simon

I'm looking forward as this will be my first ford fair will be great meeting everyone!.

Thanks simon, I hope it's is the cat now after alot of running about trying to sort it! Also thought about sticking a load of cotton wool buds up my exhaust just to get her through! :lol:

haha, just make sure they run it when its hot, as it work on heat mate, our tester at work dont warm them up, had to run my old car for 20mins before with sports cat,

Dave i could me up with you if you want and go ford fair to where the meet is to get our tickets, are you on the stand mate? yes i will be in 401, well long as it starts lol ant tryed it in 3months.

If it don't pass not I will set fire to the thing and then ask them to test it again!!!
Just had a look at 401 progress and mate she's looking good.
We could meet up with simon and have a FRP convoy ( that would look amazing ) but I have a stupid wedding to go to on the 6th in chesterfield so if I have a few beers and have to stay up there I will have to give ford fair a miss (don't want to) but anyway I'm not on the stand, well not yet! Might just plough through the crowds lol

I'll keep you updated on whats happening!

Dave #0007

i think simon is going later mate as you cant get hes boy up early as ment to be at the tesco for 630, so id be leaving bhma bout 520 ish . going to be a long day mate, well if you changed the cat it should pass, ive bought a new lamber for mine as it 11 years old and they does pack up. try ant get there it be a good day mate. only no you and simon lol. but my pals are come as well later on.

Will try and get there, yeh I don't know anybody there it will be nice to put faces to all the posts!
I've spent all day polishing her up so atleast she wont look that bad sitting next to your brand new sparkly paint! Lol

What!!!!!!!! 6:30 why on gods earth do we need to go so early? You might have to tow me so I can have a bit more sleep!

haha, i think its where the group is meeting cause the lads have got the tickets, but if you ant on stand i dont think its open till 930 ish.
just means id be asleep when your there lol.

lol id be cleaning the flys off mine, and if any touches her... there be trouble haha. just the wheels let mine down now. :(

Dave,

You've got to come, I have been out a detailing today, car now safely locked away in the garage for the next week.

Meguiars gold glass polish followed by Dodo juice, tyres dressed all black plastic autoglymed, glass cleaned and interior done.

Just wheels to wax this week, looking v shiny mmmmn.
:grin:

I am heading down for about 8.15 (if the tickets arrive in time for neil to post them on !!)

Simon

Hi simon, now that's a better time @ 8:15

It would be nice to be able to keep mine all nice and shiny but I bet mine is a right mess by next week!
Going to try and make it I really want to go!!

Cool
I am sure mine will have collected a few flies and brake dust on the way though
Simon

For fear of sounding geeky, detailing spray and cloths packed and ready.

Simon

Well boys and girls 0007 is still in the garage,
The new mid section from puma build doesnt line up with my back box!! So off to puma build tomorrow to pick up a full piper exhaust system!! :cry:

oh yeh, i want to hear this, at less now mate you will have the right tale pipe,
How much has that costed you dave?..
Wait till you hear mine.. its loud unsure what on mine but has the startand middle but a black box and frp tail. but sound good poping :)

Latest posts

Back