MOT Failure!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumafi

Hello All, just had the following MOT failure and been quoted £450 to repair the lot, is this expensive and if not is it worth paying??

Its a 1999 T reg 1.4 with 68k on it, no other issues with it

Nearside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Offside Rear Trailing arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)

Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)

Nearside Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)

Offside Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)

That's a pretty good price rear beam bushes can be a nightmare to change. It all depends on how you feel about the car, yes £450 is about what it's worth but you could go buy another car and end up spending money buying someone else's problems

oilburner said:
That's a pretty good price rear beam bushes can be a nightmare to change. It all depends on how you feel about the car, yes £450 is about what it's worth but you could go buy another car and end up spending money buying someone else's problems

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines really, had this for about just over a year and spent a bit on brakes, tyres and fuel pump and the engine is sound so at least I know what am getting for my £450! another year of puma driving!

I would want to find out exactly what was proposed to remedy the corrosion issues. If rot is being cut out and new metal let in the price for that plus the rear beam bushes looks pretty good to me. What you don't want is a quick plating job over the areas of rot.

Back