MOT not good :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthepole

hi all
my car when for it mot and it was not good it fail big time here the list
brakes failures brake efficiency 7% (hand brake)
NS front lamp position not working
NS and OF shock absorber has negligible damping effect
NS and OF sub-fram rubber bush deteriorated
NS front coil spring cracked
NS and OF brake hose rxcessively deteriorated

and advisory NS and OF rear brake pipe slightly corroded
front suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated NS and OF

nice long list they told £700 to fix it and i was like FUCK THAT so fixing my slef cost me £200 for all the parts i need and i got a set of G-max 30mm lowing sping as well

Have you done the work yet?? Dont forget there will probably be some extra cost for spring compressors,possibly hub nut and torque wrench for the rear hubs to do the handbrake, bush tool if this means rear subframe

"NS and OF sub-fram rubberbush deteriorated" or paying someone to press the bushes in, plus possibly other sundry tools

all the same you'll still be saving loads of cash, and a tools not just for xmas its for life lol

Good luck with it

wow, must have been handling like a blob of jelly with all that lot gone! you will notice the difference once the suspension is put right. good luck with the work, keep us updated! :eek:k:

it geting there got the front end done look good now it been drop 30mm and got the sub fram off the car going to see my mate that has a press but, i did fuck up, fort it wood be easyer to take the drums off and it was but had to pull the ABS out and now got replasy them :( £45 did not no that ones there they dont come out well only in bits lol

I got lucky with my abs sensors,it would be worth greasing the new ones up so they come out more easily if they have to.
Not on the end of the sensor though.

Hi, glad to see your getting as much done as you can yourself (an learning new skills in the process)
I work in the trade an the fords I see that fail mots look pretty similar, normally brake pipes, coil springs an bushes!

I had to do my rear axle bushes on thursday, as mines also due for its mot in january, but I had the bush tool an managed to do it on car in about an hour an a half so I highly recomend them.

Have you looked into the service brake problem yet? They might just need cleaning an adjusting, but worst case the seals in the cylinders can leak!
Good luck :wink:

Negligible damping - maybe that would have improved the ride :-D

I am curious how can they measure that..? Yes, I know you can bounce on the corner, but that is hardly scientific.

Have you driven it since reconnecting / fitting the new ABS sensors, my lights went off after the abs self test.Failing that have you connected it up at the connector above the axle?

If youve done the above make sure the sensors are pushed in properly and the faces of them are clean.

If you changed the front shocks you may have disturbed the front abs sensor cables

Back