MOT test history request for your car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Use this form to request an MOT Test history for a vehicle. The history will show you details about each of the tests for the vehicle recorded on MOT Computerisation. This includes the result (pass or fail) and the vehicle's recorded mileage at the time of the test. If the vehicle failed a test, the history will include the reasons why it failed.

You must supply the vehicle's registration mark and either:

The MOT test number from the VT20 MOT Test Certificate
newcert.gif

or VT30 Refusal of an MOT certificate (failure notice)
failure.gif

or the Document Reference Number from the V5C Registration Certificateissued by the DVLA.
V5C.jpg

It can give you some history (since the computerisation of MOTs - not the hand written ones) to your cars past MOTs if you don't have any actual history. If you have just purchased it for instance.

For example:

Make/Model: FORD / PUMA 1.7 16V recorded at time of test on 22/01/2007

Date of test: 23/01/2007
Certificate issued (Pass)
Odometer reading: 51,638 Miles
Test number: 99461322
Test station name: FREDS MOTORS
Test station number: 2822DF
Test station telephone number: 014804788544
Test class: IV
Test expiry date: 23/01/2008
Advisory Notice issued
Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2a)

Or my current one:

Date of test: 15/01/2009
Odometer reading: 88,208 Miles
Test number: 874645515548
Test station name: BOGEND QUICKFIT LTD
Test station number: 1AMF21
Test station telephone number: 015085552444
Test class: IV
Test expiry date: 23/01/2010
No Advisory Notice issued

Yeah this is quite useful, my car had an MOT just before I bought it which it failed on, and I don't have the failure notice so it was nice to actually find out.

And no advisory on your last test Dal? Very good :)
I got one for a big-bore exhaust... :roll:

Black got no advisorys at all on her last MOT...she sailed through marvellously!! :-D

Quite a useful linky indeed though :)

I got an advisory for front tyre wear on the insides. :(

No matter, I'm gonna invest in some Toyos when I get back for Nurburg and get rid of the budget crap on there at the minute.

I've just run this on my 2000 Puma and the first recorded test is 2006 (same month as original registration). Is this because electronic records only started this year (the change from the old style certificate) or does my Puma have 3 years missing?!!!

I'm sure when I put mine in (52reg) it only had history from 2006 too, so the 1st test in 2005 was missing. So I guessed that the test went electronic in 2006?

My 106 has got every MOT cert so I could check when the format changed?

Yeah, if you could Natalie that would be helpful. The only other thing I thought was it was off road for 3 years or driven without an MOT :shock: but it didn't add up because all the months are consistent.

Thanks, Jane

mines listed twice has I noticed a mistake on the VIN a 5 instead of a S in fact the engine number is still wrong the original salesman must have cocked it up in 2001

and never had a advisory i would hope not with the mileage

Date of test:
20/09/2010

Odometer reading:
12,012 Miles

Test number:

Test expiry date:
19/09/2011

Your MOT details
Registration Mark:
YN02???
Make of the vehicle:
FORD
Model of the vehicle:
PUMA
Test Result:
Certificate Issued (Pass)
Colour of the vehicle:
SILVER
Date of test:
08/10/2010
Expiry date:
04/11/2011
Odometer Reading:
69737 Miles

Why I need to post this I have no idea...lol

Just looking on there and on my last test I got an advisory for one of my tyres yet was never given a advisory note :evil:

Rear box Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2a)
Guessing my Kat as a new exhaust system as I couldn't see any signs of wielding, when I had a quick look a few weeks back

i was informed yesterday when i took the civic in for mot that they are not going to be issuing a certificate after next week as it will all be online at dvla....

AdamD said:
Mine only shows one test

Scroll a little further down a click history check not just status check.

Registration Mark: R99JRW
Make of the vehicle: FORD
Model of the vehicle: PUMA
Test Result: Certificate Issued (Pass)
Colour of the vehicle: FROZEN WHITE
Date of test: 05/08/2011
Expiry date: 11/08/2012
Odometer Reading: 58113 Miles

thanks for that, I checked mine out the other night, seems I have some corroded rear brake lines that keep flagging up! :eek:k:

martinthrapston said:
i was informed yesterday when i took the civic in for mot that they are not going to be issuing a certificate after next week as it will all be online at dvla....

You do still get a piece of paper though to say it has passed, even if it looks like you have just printed it at home lol

It also saves VOSA a shed load of money on paper

When I was looking round at Pumas, I used this service to check the MOT history of one I looked at. The MOT certificate said an advisory sheet was issued, but the owner 'didn't have it'.
He let me write down the reference number from the V5.

When I looked at the Pumas history, there was a list of advisories as long as my arm!

I can safely say I didn't go back for a second look!!

Back