MPG again :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_89

I'm sorry to post yet another MPG thread, but I needed to ask.

I don't really agree with moaning about MPG figures when you have a sporty car, if you want good mileage for money you should buy a diesel, little engined car etc.

However, I've been forced to ignore my own views recently because 3 months ago my 1.7 had an idle below 500, the engine kept trying to stall, so I had to keep my foot on the acceralator to stop it. Next day problem gone but MPG was down from around 320 miles per tank to 200, regardless of how I'm driving it.. I've never kept a record of my MPG but my driving style hasn't changed.

My mechanic had a look and couldn't fine any problems, just advised to leave it till the MOT in a month's time.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? does winter weather affect MPG?

Any help appreciated.

Alex

Winter/cold weather does affect it but not by that much (mine is around 50 miles less per tank max). Sorry no idea about what problems might cause it :(

I've noticed that some members are getting from 200 miles to 450!!?? why so much difference? I understand the type of fuel/ style of driving/ tires all make a difference but nothing has changed :( very odd

I get 420 miles give or take to a tank in my MK5 Diesel Fiesta, i haven't got a clue how people get like 500 out they 1.7. Or am i missing something in the other thread?

That 420 Miles = an Average of 58MPG

I have no idea how they get that much either. We must both be missing something!

The 450 plus out of a tank has been achieved by one or two individuals who set out solely to go as far as possible... it was a one off trip with only 1 or 2 start-ups and then constant cruising c.50mph on motorways, drafting lorries etc - it should not be taken as typical of everyday usage.

Haven't been using my Puma much in last few months... but even though I drove it in a high-spirited fashion I would get c.300 to a tank. If had calmed down, it would have been more.

200 to a tank does seem low and indicate an issue of some sort.

perhaps the lambda is your problem ..my car went nuts when it broke ..... was burning gasoline like its 4 free .... changed that ...thing vent back to normal again ...thank good !!!

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.jsp?productID=445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We get around 320 miles on average, on our trip to sapin crusing at about 80mph we got about 360 miles to a tank.

Alex - I've moved Yips reply to the other MPG thread where it is more relevant.

Back