MTEC Discs?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickaroll

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Puma-1-7-00-02-Front-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-Pads-/300415091598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thinking of getting a set of these, Puma set is a fiver more than the seemingly identical (258x22x4) Fiesta MKV set they sell.
Any experience/opinion on MTEC discs? Drilled and grooved check the right boxes, but I've never heard of the brand.

Well, I've ordered a set of drilled and grooved mtec discs (258mm) and minted pads, £69 in postage to Ireland, which isn't too bad. I'll let you all know in a few weeks if they're any use or not.

If I never post here again, probably best not to buy MTEC discs..

An interesting issue came up, and swiftly went away again, thought it'd be worth mentioning for anyone looking for a change of discs.
My stock discs were rusted to bejaysus on the tops, but the surface of the disc where it made contact with the pads (which were like 4 blocks of granite when I took them out!) was still very shiny.

After a couple of days of mild use, with a very slight wearing in, the discs appeared to get a blotches of orange rust. It didn't just wipe off with a cloth either. I got rid of it with a few hard braking sessions (40/50mph -> 0 in as short a space of time as possible) and it hasn't reoccurred. May be dust or surface coating from the discs I suppose.

Back