Mud flaps.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Today I decided after a bit of deliberation to fit some mud flaps. My main reason for this is functionality over aesthetics due to the fact I do a lot of miles and thought this may help protect the bodywork a little!

Anyway I opted for a set of the Cannon Bodyguards which can be found at Halfords for around £13.

Clicking a picture will open an enlarged version :)

Wheel off after a quick wash, supported with a 3T axle stand.

Above. I pulled back the wheel arch liner and decided to clear out the muck!

A bit clearer of muck!! Below the result... Quality street anyone?

Below; As I had gone to this much effort to clean it all out I decided to lightly coat the now clean area with Waxoyl to hopefully give it some protection against rust.

Following the above I then got around to doing what I had been meaning to do about 2 hours earlier.

The result:

Let me know what you think :grin:

Looks good mate

My kat has had mudflaps fitted from standard (I think), and I reckon they actually improve the looks. I don't know what so many people have against them!

Thanks ;)

I agree somewhat Neil. I bought mudflaps for my old Rover 200 from a dealer which set me back about £50!

I like the Puma without them but I don't think it detracts from anything having them fitted depending on which style etc you have gone for.

@Vix you don't have mudflaps either then? It took a while and whilst the wheel was off I realised I didn't have any Waxoyl so abandoned the car on three wheel and took my 2 wheeled transport over the Halfords.

I'm sure you could do it with relative ease Vix as long as you don't mind getting your hands dirty!

Sorry I meant the cleanout job! I have front mudflaps fitted by a genuine Ford mechanic :D (and with discount :p). I love my mudflaps :D (not on the rear though!)

Back