my 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridlad

ok not exactly a project but im minting the car before i put it on the road, so thought you might like to see what im doing..
just had the local ding n dent man round to rid the nasty shopping trolley dents provided free courtesy of the previous owner..
ch015-1.jpg

ch016.jpg

ch018-1.jpg

then sat morning the car will be in my mates bodyshop for the rear arches doing and the bonnet repainted, then after that into another mates garage for a full waxoiling session ,
once thats all done il give the car a damn good t.cut and wax, full interior valet then il be fitting the new parts ive been buying, ie, new wheel centres, original gearnob, puma floormats, complete full exhaust system, and other bits n bobs, i want to keep the car pretty much standard condition, im a bit old for loudmouth exhausts and spoilers lol..
il update pics when shes at her next stage.

Cool- very different to the way some (myself included) g0.

It'll be very nice to see a OEM concourse puma

As the paintwork is metallic, rather than using t-cut, which would only eventually strip off the laqcuer, you'd be better off using a mild abrasive paint clear, claying the paintwork, then polishing and using either sealant or wax. Beware of using too much wax though, as it can mask the flake on metallics. Andy W (and Neil) are the resident paintwork experts.

Btw, can't quite decide from the pictures, but is the paint silver? In the first couple it looks darker, possibly cuirass.

youd have a job to strip off laquer using t-cut lol even after much repeated use, however there is a correct point here that t-cut will make minimal difference to a a metallic with clearcoat over the top

i use p21s on silver, works well for me

the car is moondust silver i believe, as for t.cutting etc ive not had a problem before and i wont be going mad with it and itl only get done once, then il finish of with auto glym hi res polish then sealer.
ive been painting motorcycles for 30 years or so so i know a little about paints and compounds :grin:

The AG SRP will be the same as doing T-Cut - it's still a polish, although T-Cut is extremely harsh on paint.

its as harsh as you want it to be, somethime i use it neat with an abrasive cloth for getting rid of orange peel and sometimes i use it with a soft damp cloth with a tad of soap, i use G3 for major paint resto.
:wink:

megs mirror glaze 82 is pretty good to bring paint up to scratch, its rated 4/10 for abrasiveness but it breaks down to give a really fine cut. topped with ag srp and a layer of colinite 476 and your set for a good while

new and refurbed parts to be fitted..
powdercoated spare wheel and spare wheel tray.
new spare wheel tray threaded hook..
new centre caps for alloys.
new ford blue ovals badges
new number plates and chrome surrounds..
new genuine ford 'puma floormats, bargain at £30 from local Ford dealers.
ch025.jpg

ch026.jpg

totally mint now, had both sides repainted and rear arches repaired, ive valeted the whole car inside and out, fitted new ford badges and wheel centres, number plates etc etc etc..
i guess it looks like any other stock puma.... but this one is mine :grin:
ch079.jpg

ch077.jpg

ch075.jpg

int.jpg

i still cant get over how fookin quick these cars are!

That looks very very very nice!!!

And £30 for those matts!!! That is awesome!!!

only cos ive got to know the guy in parts dep, ive spent a lot of money with him since 1982 when i bought my 1st cortina, ive always had fords :wink:

Latest posts

Back